Powered by Blogger.
Monday, April 14, 2014

Cookies N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies

So this is one of those decadent over the top dessert recipes. I do have to say that although this recipe was good...really good...seriously how could anything with Oreos be bad, right...mine did not look like the picture at all. The original recipe looks all fudgey and decadent and well mine looks like brownies with Oreos...granted good brownies with Oreos, but just not the same. Here is the link to the original: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/cookies-n-cream-oreo-fudge-brownies.html

And here is mine:



So I rarely bake with packaged products. I am not sure why, it is not as if I am a purist or food snob when it comes it baking, I just don't usually do it. So this recipe was super easy and super out of the ordinary for me.



To begin with the recipe calls for a box of brownie mix. Since I never purchase brownie mix I didn't realize that most of them come in a "13x9" size and since this recipe is for an 8x8 pan that was my first challenge. I went with a Ghiradelli brownie mix, figuring how could I go wrong with one of the kings of chocolate.

Next add the eggs and oil as described on the back of the brownie box. However, do not add the water. The next bump in the road for me was the fact that the brownie mix I bought had an extra packet of chocolate gooey stuff and I was torn as to whether or not to add it. I did not.

Add 1/2 cup cookies n cream ice cream and 1/4 cup hot fudge topping to the mix. This was my next area of confusion, should I heat the hot fudge or leave it gloppy (yes, that is a technical term). I ended up heating it up just to get it out of the bottle. And I ate a few bites of ice cream just because I never eat ice cream and it was a guilty pleasure. Combine the batter.


Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Add a layer of the brownie mix.


Next add a layer of Oreo cookies. And this was my final area of confusion. The recipe calls for a package of Oreo cookies, however there was no way I could fit an entire package of Oreos into these brownies...so I just did a layer...seemed to work out ok.

Top the Oreos with an additional layer of brownie batter.


Bake for 40-50 minutes at the temperature that is directed on the back of the brownie box, mine was 325 degrees. And voila!!

Obviously very easy and the ingredients were easy to find and they were a hit! So if you are ever looking for a fast dessert, especially one to take to a soiree that looks more complicated than it is...this is my recommendation...well at least for the moment. Cheers!



0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews