Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Cranberry Pear Crisp


I was looking for the ultimate Fall dessert for a party I was attending this week and when I was perusing an old edition of Food Network magazine I discovered exactly what I was looking for-Cranberry Pear Crisp. In the past, I had never been especially passionate about cranberries, but I loved the color and I decided that with the sweet pears it shouldn't be too tart. And this recipe was perfect!!

The recipe calls for dried and fresh cranberries, pears and a boat load of sugar and so the contrast of tart, sweet and more sweet, just lends itself to perfection! I was actually very pleasantly surprised with the outcome, the balance really was perfect, all of my sarcasm aside. It also had a nice nutty flavor from the pecans, melted butter and oats on the crumble topping and when you served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the entire dish came together. I also have to admit that I was pleased with the aesthetics as the cranberry color is just gorgeous on any table!


This recipe was also incredibly easy. Toss the fresh and dried cranberries in a bowl with the sugar, water and vanilla. Mash the cranberries with a potato masher to get some of them to pop and ooze, wait that sounds disgusting doesn't it? But you know what I mean!



Add the pears, which are peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces, cinnamon, allspice and flour. Toss the entire mixture into a 3qt dish. I used a 9x13 baking dish, if that helps.


Next make the topping, which consists of flour, pecan, oats, sugar and salt. Stir in melted butter and mix until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over the cranberry/pear mixture.



Bake for 40 minutes and serve warm or room temperature.


This is truly just comfort food. It is cozy, fulfilling, nourishing and nurturing. I loved the flavors, the color and the ease of baking! I promise you will not be disappointed. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews