Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, April 28, 2011

What to do when you can't sleep...

So I have found myself working nights this week and besides the fact that I feel old as I have realized that I can't stay up until 0230 effortlessly like I use to I have also found that I can't sleep in. Does anyone remember those glorious college days when you would stumble into bed in the wee hours of the morning and sleep until noon? Those were the days when you didn't have to worry about how dark your bedroom was or whether or not you needed to take sleeping pills or a sleeping mask or how loud your neighbors are or how hot/cold your bedroom is. Well those days are over.

This week I have been trying to go to bed at 0300 but unfortunately I have found myself wide awake at 0800. And oh my room is too hot, too light and the cat is too loud. Really?

So what do I do? I get up and cook! Yes, I know that is not the normal response but it works for me and it allows you to make new friends as you bring snacks to work. So this week I made Artichoke Spinach Lasagna http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Artichoke-Spinach-Lasagna/Detail.aspx and Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/dessert-recipes/Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Fudge-Crunch Yum-o!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews