Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 12, 2011

Rainy Day Baking

So is it just me or does the rain make you want to stay at home, turn on the fire place and bake your little heart out. And fortunately or unfortunately we don't have many of those rainy days in So Cal so when it is raining my motivation to work is completely out the window. I remember being a Dispatcher up in Eureka and I use to love to work on rainy nights because the criminals stayed inside, the cops hung out in dispatch and you didn't feel icky about being at work because it was raining outside anyway. However, down here its almost completely the opposite. I am like hey its raining why can't I be home today instead of at work. Guess its one of those grass is always greener things, right?



However, I did go to work today and I actually was pretty productive. But I did have a yearning to bake all day. So even though I got off work late tonight all I could think of was how quickly I could turn on the heater, warm up the oven and start baking my little heart out. Last week I had bought ingredients to make Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. I had noticed this recipe awhile back in my Hersheys cookbook which as you all know I am quite fond of as of late because it called for peanut butter chips and I thought to myself, where do I find those? So when I was at the grocery store and I saw them I knew it was a sign that I had to make these cookies...yes, I am even superstitious about my baking/cooking...a little weird yes I know.

Anyway I digress....so this recipe creates some really moist and chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies. The recipe is easy to make because the majority of it is done in the mixer and they are done quickly so I am not up all night baking my little heart out. Start by creaming the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl...and yes there is a lot of butter and sugar which is probably what makes the cookies taste good. Add 2 eggs and vanilla to the mixture. In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and gradually add to the mixing bowl. When its all combined stir in the peanut butter chips and yes, I actually did use Reese's peanut butter chips because that is what I found and duh the name of the company is in the name of the recipe so it must be pertinent...don't ask me why.



The cookies are placed by the rounded teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheets and baked for 8-9 minutes. They are then left on the pan to cool slightly and then transferred to a wire rack to cool completely.

Seriously there is nothing better than turning on the oven to bake cookies and warm up the house on a cold rainy night. It just makes you feel cozy, nurturing and comforted in the very act of baking. Hope all of my So Cal folks stayed dry today and don't worry the rain should disperse tomorrow. And I am just thrilled that I got my baking exploit in before the rain went away...ya know down here you have to move fast. Good night

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews