Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies & Long Distance Relationships

I have been exploring the whole "long distance relationship" thing for the last few months and I have to admit that I spent the first few months a little mopey. Ya know the whole,"oh woe is me, he is so far away...so lonely," stuff. However, over the last month or so I have decided I need to reshape that and celebrate the positive aspects of a long distance relationship...and let's just hope he doesn't kick my ass after reading this (love you xoxo).




So here is my top ten list as to the advantages associated with long distance relationships:

1. I don't have to share a bed....yup I can spread out like a starfish most nights.
2. I can sleep in sweats and wear my retainer...not going to wear sexy lingerie for Miss Kitty (that is really the name of my Persian nothing sexual, I swear)
3. I can have girls night without feeling guilty...sure he can hang out with the guys and wrestle too...no double standard
4. I can watch The Real Housewives of New Jersey every night if I want to because I don't have to share the TV
5. I don't have to shave my legs except for every 2 weeks if I don't want to...come on I grew up in Humboldt and hairy legs were trendy
6. I can drink wine and eat pickles for dinner...ok sure I do totally miss cooking for him...but some nights you just want to drink wine and eat pickles
7. I can be late without having to call or text someone and beg my apologies...Miss Kitty might be angry because she is starving, but really she can't tell time so we are good
8. I can leave my work clothes on the floor, a stack of cookbooks next to the bed and dirty dishes in the sink without offending anyone
9. I can be as grumpy as I want when I wake up in the morning because I don't have to lean over and kiss someone and say,"good morning," ok sure I kind of miss that too...but I am trying to be positive here
10. I can bake a batch of Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies and I don't have to share unless I want to

So now that I discussed the benefits of a long distance relationship let me just say that I am so over the moon excited to be flying to go see this man on Friday that I am counting the hours...however until Friday I am going to cook.


Let me just say Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies are definitely for those people who are in need of a sugar high and love decadent desserts. These brownies are rich and to be honest they are a little too sweet for my tastes, however they were a hit at work. The peanut butter layer is very intense!! However, if you are looking for an easy dessert to bring to a get-together or you are PMSing and need sweets or you are just the Worlds Biggest Fan of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups this dessert is for you.


So to begin with make a batch of boxed brownies...not the family size...lets not get crazy...just the 8x8 size.  Follow the direction on the box and you will be good. Take the brownies out of the oven and cool.

Next make the peanut butter layer. This consists of peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk and butter. Put all of the ingredients in a mixer and blend. Once the brownies are cool, spread the layer of peanut butter mixture over the entire pan.


In a microwave, combine the chocolate chips and butter and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the peanut butter mixture.


And done!! I didn't say this was a hard recipe!! Yes, very easy and kind of unusual and it looks like it was a baking adventure. Love those kind of recipes! Pair this with a cold glass of milk...I know you are all surprised that I did not recommend a wine varietal...but some desserts just need milk and this is one of them.

Here is the actual recipe:

Ingredients

Brownie Base

1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box

Filling

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons milk

Topping
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter

Directions
1.Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
2.In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
3.In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.

Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews