Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

Ok this year I am just not feeling the creative juices flowing enough to make cute cupcakes shaped like spider webs or cake pops shaped like Frankenstein even though I find them all extremely cute. (Jen please bring some over) But this year I did decided to open something festive that I have been holding onto for years.



I opened this 2002 bottle of Poizon from Healdsburg. This wine is a Zinfandel and has seriously some of the best marketing I have ever seen as it comes in a casket and it has a red oozing cork topper maybe made of wax or some such substance. It has a signature on the casket from the "wine maker" however he was off that day so we asked the guy who was pouring wine at the bar to forge his signature and so yes I have a casket with a forged wine makers signature.



I bought this bottle of wine on a seriously fun and crazy bachelorette party in 2005 I believe. This was our last stop of the day and with 8 crazy girls in a limo in the Napa Area what is not to love. This winery was beautiful as it overlooks a lake and it was the perfect spot to chill after craziness from the day...including classy vomiting in the parking lot of Stags Leap, last minute runs to the pharmacy for antibiotics, wine mixing at Ravenswood, boy drama and of course what is a girls trip without a revelation of pregnancy (don't worry not mine). This trip was amazing because it took 8 girls that were strangers at the beginning of day one and made us best friends by day 3...some of them to this day I still stay in touch with and I think this was the only weekend I hung out with them. Truly good times!!!

I am not one to hold onto wine as my motto has always been if it enters my house I will drink it. Or if it gets near my house I will drink it. So I was a little scared when I opened this especially with the amount of sediment around the cork. However, this is a really nice Zin. It is a light and easy to drink wine that is fruit forward. It is a perfect way to celebrate Halloween....so let the trick and treating begin.



And since I never cover breakfast recipes...oh yes maybe because I never follow breakfast recipes I decided to include one today. I love chilaquieles!! And this recipe is reminiscent of them except easier to make and with less fat/calories. It is a Tortilla Scramble with Fresh Salsa. Sautee the green onions and cilantro in some butter. Currently I am only using real butter because everything I have read is just saying that margarine is so processed it is not good for you. Add some enchilada sauce (I used canned) and 5 cups tortilla chips. Cook them in the enchilada sauce until they are soggy but a good soggy not a icky soggy. Make scrambled eggs in a separate pan. While everything cooks I also made homemade salsa which consisted of avocado, tomato, cilantro, green onion, lime, jalapeno and salt. And put it all together and what do you get....yummy breakfast goodness!!!

Ok and I didn't dress up this year either but I thought you would all get a kick out of me with the Chipmunks and yes we are the same height. Happy Halloween!




1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews