Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Need a Sugar Daddy...Not the Candy

So this morning I am going into work late because I have to work late. And one of the gifts of being salaried is schedule flexibility...ok lets be honest that is the only gift of being a salaried employee. And as I sit here drinking my coffee and reading my Bon Appetit magazine with a batch of cookies in the oven I started thinking to myself damn this is pretty heavenly. From there my mind started wandering and I thought ya know I could really see myself living a life of luxury...one in which I didn't have to get up early every morning, one where I could cook everyday, spend time at the gym, blog, shop, travel and stop and smell the roses. And so I thought of how I could accomplish this and its simple I pretty much have 2 options....become a reality tv star which could be a challenge since I am not a Kardashian or a train wreck or find myself a Sugar Daddy who really just wants to pay for me to do whatever the hell I please. Please don't get me wrong I am not interested in being a trophy wife or a puppy mill for someones brood of children I just want someone to finance my lifestyle. Ah yes that might be challenging you may think to yourself but seriously who would not want to fork over some cash to someone who is funny, entertaining, athletic and in pretty good shape. Right?

This morning I don't have a glorious recipe to share with you all, however I do have a few cheese recommendations because as you know cheese is my downfall. I got both of these at Fresh and Easy and I have found recently that they have some high end and different cheeses...this may have been their new years resolution because I don't remember a cheese selection like this before. I have found that they started carrying some cheeses that are challenging to find like mascarpone, imported parmesan, gruyerre and ricotta salata.



The first one would be perfect for a Super Bowl Party-Buffalo Wing Cheddar Cheese! And it truly tastes like buffalo wing sauce. It has a kick to it and the spice and the creamy texture of the cheese is great! I tried it with crackers and salami and it was the perfect snack. I would recommend this cheese as more of a snacking cheese because I would be afraid it would be too overpowering in a dish unless it was the focal point in something like Mac N Cheese.



The 2nd cheese is a wine infused cheese. It is similar in texture to a monterey jack but it is infused with Merlot wine. This cheese is great paired with a good glass of red wine because it really brings out the Merlot flavor and the creamy nature of the cheese. I also served this cheese with crackers and wine obviously but I would prefer to eat this cheese on its own rather than incorporate it into a dish where the subtle wine flavor would get lost.

Ok so granted I haven't met a cheese that I haven't liked but these 2 are definitely on the top of my list right now. I also found this great web site www.igourmet.com for hard to find cheeses and meats. I have found that it is hard to find Spanish Chorizo and this web site has it and its only $5.99. They have a lot of great specialty food and I definitely recommend it if you are looking for something out of the ordinary.

Well hope you all have a good day. I need to finish my article in Bon Appetit...I am reading about how you can lease lobster traps in Maine...yes you can pick your own traps and they have GPS on them so you can track them...and then during the harvesting season you get your lobsters. Hmmm not sure how I feel about the idea but it does intrigue me a tad bit...I will keep you posted. Cheers!


0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews