Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Super Bowl Party?

Ok so my love of football ended last year after the Brett Favre texting scandal. You may be thinking oh she is disappointed in his behavior and all of the other scandals in the sport and gave it up. However, if that is your thought you are dead ass wrong and don't know me at all. I am disappointed in Brett because I sat by my phone for weeks waiting for his text messages of his naked body and I never got them. And I figured really you want me to support your career and your sport and I am getting nothing in return. So there!

However, I know that a lot of America really enjoys football and this whole Super Bowl thing. Therefore I am trying to be supportive in my food blog by making some food recommendations for your Super Bowl Party. I however will be running 13 miles on that day in Huntington Beach and hoping to beat my personal record and maybe drinking some beer afterwards. And if I do happen to be around a tv which is projecting the game I will only be watching the commercials. Haha.

So if you are having a party or you are just looking for a good soup recipe that has a lot of good flavor and is kind of different-Buffalo Chicken Soup is my recommendation. Or if you live somewhere other than Southern California because it was 75 degrees here today and you want a warm comfort food this is a great pick.  It is really creamy due to the cheeses (Parmesan, blue cheese and mozzarella) and the flavor of the hot sauce really compliments the blue cheese flavor. The recipe is super easy as well because the chicken comes from a rotisserie chicken and it has very few ingredients. Saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Once it is tender add the chicken broth, milk and hot sauce.  Add the 3 cheese and flour mixture that you had combined in a separate bowl. Finally once the cheese is melted add the chicken. I put additional red hot sauce on the top of my soup because I love the kick. I served the soup with a chardonnay but I also think it would be great with an IPA while you watch the game.

And yes I know that I am on some wacky buffalo flavored kick-first the cheese and now this soup. Ok I think I am done. Really how many more things can I find with that flavor...sure I guess I could go traditional and make buffalo chicken wings but they are just so easy to buy why hassle with making them from scratch just saying. Hope everyone is having a good week. Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews