Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 7, 2012

Is there anything better than a chocolate chip cookie?

In general I am not a traditionalist as most of you know. I like to try new places, new foods and have new experiences. However, sometimes there is something very comforting with sticking with what you know. Which is why tonight called for a night at home making traditional chocolate chip cookies and seriously if you want tradition you go to the Nestle chocolate chip bag recipe which is exactly what I did. This recipe is probably the first recipe I ever followed as a kid because I remember making chocolate chip cookies as a little girl with my Mom (I'm sure many of you have the same memory...well not with my Mom but with yours). And I am sure we all share the memory of that orange chocolate chip bag.


However, with my Mom I am sure we added something wacky to make the cookies healthy, more wholesome and having "nutritional value." And although I am not sure what the hell she added to my cookies I am sure she used whole wheat flour, natural sweeteners or some such. Tonight I went traditional traditional not hippie Mom traditional.

Do you also remember eating the batter? Yum! My love of cookie dough definitely started at a young age. And I remember adding the chocolate chips to the batter as being my favorite part of the process...ahhh yes 3 chocolate chips for me and 1 for the cookie dough. That is a tradition that I still maintain...ok I am a little more generous with the chocolate chips...but there are some nights when I am craving something sweet and I go straight to the chocolate chip bag for a hand full of semi-sweet morsels.

In case you wanted some random chocolate chip facts I have a few that I will share with you all. Did you know?

  • Most chocolate chips are 1cm in size
  • Chocolate chip cookies were invented in 1937
  • Nestle started selling chocolate chips as we know them in 1941 prior to that people chopped up chocolate bars to make chocolate chip cookies...seriously could you even imagine
  • A morsel is a small amount of solid food which a chocolate chip is so hence the name
  • Nestle makes 250 million chocolate chips a day...could you even imagine...would love to jump into a giant vat like that
Hope you all had a lovely Saturday as I truly had a perfect day....massage in Santa Monica, lunch on the water and wine tasting at SIP. Absolutely heaven! Cheers!




1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that the cookies are always best when they first come out of the oven. I freeze the dough and make just one cookie sheet at a time. There is nothing better. I've tried different brands of chips but Nestles is always the one I go back to. Great blog as always!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews