Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies...yup 2 types of chips

Yesterday I truly made the world's best PMS cookie. I found a recipe on www.allrecipes.com for potato chip cookies. So I did what every woman in the United States of America would do and I bought a bag of ruffles. My plan was either to sit down with that bag and eat the whole thing while I watched reality tv or crunch it up into small pieces and throw it into my cookies. Duh!


I do have to say that although I looked at the potato chip cookie recipe and thought,"dang I must make these." I also thought to myself,"something is missing." And as soon as I started making them I knew exactly what my little heart desired in order for these cookies to truly be perfection...CHOCOLATE!! Sure I am a salt/sweet addict just like the next girl, but when you add a bit-o-chocolate and a glass of wine I am a HAPPY GIRL!!

I was thrilled when I started making these for several reasons...they were super easy to make, they look like chocolate chip cookies so you can disguise the potato chips and you have leftover potato chips. Therefore, I could accomplish both of my fantasies...making potato chip cookies AND eating a bag of chips while watching reality tv. LOVE STORY!!

So cream the shortening and the sugars together in a mixer. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Then mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Yes, I said salt. Sure there are salty potato chips, but this recipe calls for more salt...how awesome is that!!


Stir in the potato chip crumbs. I made my crumbs by putting potato chips in a ziplock bag and just squishing them. Since I decided to add chocolate chips I did half of the batch in its true form and half with chocolate chips so I could do my own private taste test. And although they are both good I really liked the ones with chocolate chips...like I had any doubt that the chocolate would be anything but delightful.

Here is the recipe:


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups crushed potato chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
** I added 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips **
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the potato chips and walnuts. If you are using the chocolate chips stir them in at this point. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


And to make things even better when I brought the cookies to work they were a huge hit. Most people agreed they would never have known the secret ingredient...Ruffles, if I hadn't told them. And they went so fast that when I dropped them off at 1430 they were gone before my night shift (whom I made them for) got to work. I think that is success, what do you think?


So if you are looking for an easy, fun and tasty cookie recipe definitely give this one a try. They definitely resemble chocolate chip cookies but with a slightly salty and crunchy addition. Yum!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews