Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dreams Do Come True & Punta Lena-Stromboli, Sicily


As many of you know I have spent the last few years on a quest...a quest to find myself, to discover what truly makes me happy, to explore what I am passionate about and to just dig deep. Well I started a list back in the day...a list of things, experiences and changes that I wanted to see and accomplish. And as I start checking them off and getting closer to accomplishing them I have to say...dreams do really come true. 

I was raised with the Cinderella fairytale...ya know that belief that there would be a Prince Charming who would sweep you off your feet and you would live happily ever after...however I know now that "Prince Charming" takes many shapes...most importantly you need to find what makes you happy inside of you. Sure I love shoes just like the next girl but that glass slipper is not the doorway to happiness...that doorway is yours and yours only. And once I found that, my wish list started to come true. I carry this list in my purse wherever I go. 

My list included the following:

  • Italy-I was willing to do whatever it took to get there...yes I may have even considered prostitution, however thankfully I did not have to resort to that tactic....and as many of you know I just got back....the trip was truly a dream come true. 
  • Write my book-it has been written and I am in the editing stages...wait for it...
  • A loving, passionate and fun relationship...yeah well be careful what you wish for...you will find it...it may not be geographically desirable...but wait for it because it will come...and it will exceed any expectations you ever had.
I found my heart in Sicily...no he is not in Sicily but I still loved this stone I found
  • To get rid of my debt and be financially free...I followed my heart and listened to my intuition and I just got an amazing raise that allowed me to stay with my Communications Center and my Dispatchers and still achieve financial success...I am so over the moon thankful.

The tsunami evacuation sign on the volcano...pointing from the water to the volcano...those are your options. ..die by tsunami or volcano...you choose the ending
Don't worry I still have other goals, dreams, hopes and experiences, but right now I want to take a moment sit back and be thankful and celebrate that for which I am grateful. Ahhh...


One of the most amazing moments in Italy occurred in Stromboli, which is an island off the Sicilian coast. Yes, it is an active volcano, from which we saw lava explode like fireworks in the night sky as we left via boat. However, we had dinner there, one in which I truly felt as if I had stepped into paradise. 

From the moment I got off the boat I felt as if magic was going to happen. The adventure started as we walked up this long, winding, hill...and by hill I mean a friggin mountain in which we all thought we may die just getting to the top...not from lava but from exhaustion...for some it led to a church and for me well it led to a bar (no surprise there, right?). 


This bar had beer and waiter who spoke amazing English because his Mom lived in Michigan, which I took to be a sign. 


It also had some of the most incredible views!!



Dinner was hosted at a restaurant called Punta Lena, which is situated right on the water. It is surrounded by black volcanic rock, however it truly feels like paradise. It is impossible to beat the sound of waves crashing, Italian wine and fresh seafood....just sayin'.




















The meal started with dipping bowls for our hands...filled with mint, lemon and bougainvillea...I felt as if I had stepped into another land. The wine was flowing, laughter was abundant and the sea breezes I swear were caressing my face...or maybe my face had just gone numb from too much wine...call it what you like. 


The dinner consisted of fresh fish. I totally envisioned the Chef fishing off the desk of the restaurant...yes, this totally could have been a food blogger fantasy, however it tasted fresh off the boat. It was lightly grilled and served with fresh greens. Heaven!!


The pasta was a seafood pasta in a light tomato sauce. Again, the fish tasted incredibly fresh. This was seriously some of the best calamari I have ever tasted. 


Dessert was ice cream with chocolate sauce...how could you go wrong, right?



This restaurant and my trip to Sicily was not only a catalyst for greatness it was also an incredible reminder of all that I have, all that I have accomplished and all of the dreams that have come true. I went on my dream vacation, I have a career for which I am so thankful and I met my "Prince Charming," that person that allows me to be so authentically me and loves me for all of the craziness that is...well me...allowing me to celebrate me and still make even more dreams come true.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Danah, you are truly brilliant...this blog brought tears to my eyes! It was an incredible journey and I relive it every time I read one of your blogs. Wish we could link these blogs to Dalianes Travel, I would love future travelers to read of your personal experience on one of our tours.
    Is it possible for you to mention that if anyone is interested they can contact me at info@dalianes.com? XX C.

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews