Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mexican Magic Bars and Male Strippers

Let me start by saying I did not name this recipe-Mexican Magic Bars. If you are judging that, you have Rachael Ray to blame. However, the rest of this blog is all me. So the whole time I was making this delectable dessert I kept calling them Magic Mike Bars and all I could think about was the movie, Magic Mike, and the fact that they were filming a second one.



Let me also say I am not a huge fan of male strippers. I am just not one of those look, but don't touch kind of girls, in all areas of my life. I don't see the need to pay for eye candy, if I wanted to torture myself with good looking men that aren't mine, I would just go to a gay bar...for free. I also just don't understand the turn on of just looking at a scantily clad man, for me it is just so much more than that. And those dance moves are just downright cheesy...just my opinion. If my man tried to dance like that in the bedroom...or hell anywhere...the only thing he would get out of me would be laughter straight up with tears running down my face. With that being said, I do have to say that Magic Mike was one of the sexiest movies of all time and I was truly entertained by it. I don't know if it is a Channing Tatum thing or the fact that I have a weakness for 6 pack abs, but whatever it was I can't wait for #2.

This dessert, however, was truly magical. It is one of those super easy, everything but the kitchen sink recipes, that just makes you happy when it is done.


To begin with make a crust of graham cracker crumbs and butter, reminiscent of the crust on a cheesecake. Seriously can't go wrong there, right?

Next add a layer of chocolate chips, which will melt in the oven, and be a layer of heaven!


Sprinkle the chocolate chips with cinnamon, which is what provides the "Mexican" portion of the recipe title. Duh, cinnamon is obviously equivalent to a Mexican dessert. Again, I did not name this recipe, so don't kill the messenger.


Add a layer of pecans and then a layer of coconut.


Cover the entire dessert in a can of condensed milk, which adds the sweetness and holds the bars together.


Bake for 25 minutes.

Here is the actual recipe:

1 1/3 cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pecans
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
14 ounce can  sweetened condensed milk

In 9x13-inch baking dish, mix crackers and butter; press onto bottom. Layer with remaining ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees until browned, 25 minutes.

Let me just warn you that these bars are really hard to get out of the pan, hence the lack of finished product pictures...believe me when I say they were just not pretty. However, what this dessert lacks in aesthetic out of the pan appeal, it makes up for in ease and taste. These bars are chewy, chocolatey, reminiscent of a coconut macaroon and just well Magical. Cheers!!

1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews