Powered by Blogger.
Friday, March 27, 2015

Transformation from Runner to Bodybuilder #2

Yup she has to strap me to the weight machine so I don't run off....joking...butt exercises!!

I am happy to report that I survived another week. Sure it was an ouchie week, one that included my ass cramping, and if you haven't had an ass cramp let me just tell you right now it hurts...like it really hurts. My shoulders also felt a great deal of pain. One of the guys at work tried to give me a high five and I just straight up told him he was going to have to move his arm lower for me because I couldn't raise mine. He laughed and I quickly told him I was not joking. However, in spite of the pain I also loved the pain and started to crave the burn. Yup I think the addiction is starting. 

Look starting to see baby muscles in my shoulders!!

I have also learned a few valuable lessons this week:


1. This stuff is like liquid crack for me! Sure I am pretty hyper naturally, but holy heck this stuff gets me so wired that I truly want to run circles around my trainer...oh but wait I am not supposed to run because we are trying to build up my butt....hell!! I am pretty sure this is what Superman took and that is why he was able to leap buildings in a single bound...this stuff is no joke!

2. I now know why bodybuilders get boob jobs. I have been on this diet for a few weeks and my boobs are gone. Like instantly gone! Granted I have always been on the flat side, but this is friggin ridiculous!! I now need a good recommendation for a plastic surgeon, the water bra (does anyone remember that thing from the 90's haha) and a lot of toilet paper to start stuffing. Ugh!!

3. I am so thirsty!! I don't know if it is the protein, the workouts or the supplements, but I am always thirsty. And I am now the irritating workout girl who carries a bottle of water with her wherever she goes. I haven't graduated yet to those smoothie sippy cups, but I am pretty sure those are not too far off in my future. 

I am smiling because she is laughing at me which means I am resting
4. It is all about my form!! My trainer repeats this mantra to me regularly, along with reminding me to breath....guess I like to hold my breath while I lift weights. Come to find out our muscles need oxygen...details!! Anyway back to the form, she is not only trying to teach me how to have good form so I don't get hurt, but also to have good form so I don't look like a total spaz at the gym. And I can quickly decipher her non-verbal cues about my form when she doubles over in fits of laughter at something I have done...all out of love of course. Plus the way I see it, if she is laughing she is not giving me instructions, and it gives me a moment to breath...oh thank you god!!


5. By the way, I also spend more time with my trainer than I do with anyone else in my life. She knows everything about me!! It is actually a great deal, I pay her to train my muscles and she is a built in therapist. Win/win!!
My lovely trainer Angela Marquez!

6. And the most depressing lesson I learned this week is that I can't drink anymore, and I am not referring to the fact that wine is forbidden on my diet. So on Wednesday night I decided to have a glass of wine with a friend, well the next morning I woke up with the most horrific headache of my life and I felt like I had just come from a college frat party where I was doing fireball shots all night...all from a glass of wine. Seriously I had a horrible hangover!! Within a matter of days I went from being able to hold my own to being the cheapest date on the planet. So not right!!


7. Now because this is a food blog let me throw in my favorite snack of the week...almond butter and apples...celebration of the little things. Cheers!!




0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews