Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 4, 2015

Food Truck Park-Atlanta, GA

Last weekend I was in Atlanta, GA and I love to see how the food industry differs from city to city. And lets be honest right now food trucks are trendy. Granted it is a trend that I love. It is innovative, colorful, a lot of them have good food and it is a great grass roots way for amazing chefs to make a name for themselves, and their food, without the overhead of a brick and mortar location. I heard a statistic awhile back that approximately 85% of restaurants go out of business in the first year and that is a hell of a lot and so the food truck craze is a great way for chefs to test out their food and business smart before investing their life and fortune into a location.



So Atlanta has a food truck park, yes you heard me right a food truck park!! It is actually a run down vacant looking lot that they have turned into a food truck gathering spot. Sure when you pull up it looks a little ghetto with the cracked cement and metal fencing off the freeway, but I learned long ago to never judge a book by its cover.
This food truck was featured on Food Network and although I didn't try it I think they specialized in corn cakes and I liked the artwork. 

Of course we chose to go on a day that had a thunder and lightening and rain storm so the trucks were not out in full force, however it had a decent showing and we had great food, as we dodged the rain drops.  They also had a ton of seating areas, with kind of an Asian flare, complete with bamboo trees and golden lion statues and umbrellas. Loved it!!

This is me and the golden lion

So we tried a few trucks. There was a Venezuelan food truck and we tried the fajita quesadilla, which was too die for!! Sorry I forgot to take a pic or get the name, but it is the only Venezuelan truck there, so try it!! We also tried the crab cake sliders from a truck that specialized in crab and shrimp...yup also forget the name of that one! Sorry I get a little distracted around food and I forget to get all of the blogger details. Oopsie!!

I also tried the lobster tacos from Cousins Maine Lobster, the truck that was featured on Shark Tank, also incredible!! I was a little bummed that they were out of the lobster ice cream, but they said it had to do with the heat, they couldn't keep it cold. I guess that is one of the challenges to having a food truck instead of an actual location with real freezers. However, the tacos were great!!

Lobster tacos

We also tried the bbq from this guy selling well bbq from a bbq on wheels, known as Mr. BBQ. He is the first place you will see when you pull in and although it is devoid of the fancy truck and flashy sign he has good bbq, especially when it comes to really good sauce and smokey flavor on his meat.

Mr. BBQ and his smoker on wheels
I do have to say I wasn't extremely impressed with his side dishes, however his chicken and ribs and pulled pork were definitely worth the time and money.



The variety and number of trucks vary each day, however if you love to try new food and you want to explore the food truck craze I definitely recommend checking this place out, if you are in the Atlanta area. Right now it is only open on the weekends, however they are hoping to eventually increase their days and hours. Here is the web page for more information: http://atlantafoodtruckpark.com/foodtrucks/

Have fun with the food truck craze for as long as it lasts! Cheers!




0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews