Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, June 6, 2015

Transformation from Runner to Bodybuilder #6

So I know I haven't written about my joyous exploration into the world of weights lately, however that is not from lack of training. Don't you worry I still hurt just as much as I did in the beginning and I have just as many complaints and funny antidotes. I have just been collecting them and storing them for you all. So here are my latest observations, gripes and experiences as I transform from a runner to a bodybuilder.

1. I have a crap load of random bruises all over my body. No I have not just all of a sudden become more klutzy...well maybe a little bit...but I have this habit of wacking (yes that is a word) myself with my weights....hence bruising!!


2. I officially had to buy new bras because I have gone down a cup size. My boobs are totally gone. I never thought I had a lot of fat on my body, but unfortunately I have now realized that a little fat was nice when it created cleavage....um yeah thank god for padded bras. Anyone know a good surgeon?


3. I spend more time in workout clothes than I do in anything else. I swear I feel like a soccer mom in that from the time I get off work until the time I go back to work, yes this includes weekends I am in running pants and sports bras. I have even started to do social things in workout clothes...hell I actually have been to more restaurants in workout clothes than I ever thought was possible. I can't even remember the last time I wore my hair down when I was not at work. Dead sexy!! And I wonder why I am single.


4. I have started to make gym friends, ya know the people that you see every time you are at the gym. You do not know their name or anything about them, but you have full on made up stories in your head about their lives based on their attire, workout style, noises they make and whether or not they smile. My favorite of the week is the Mexican guy with perfect hair who works out in dress shoes, slacks, a belt and a wife beater....pretty much my last chance for love...said no one...EVER!!


5. I actually made a real gym friend and we actually talked. She actually taught me the noise that I want my butt to make...yes I know that sounds disgusting and that is not what I mean. We were talking about how we want our butts to pop and she did this noise kind of like the sound that is made when you pop bubble wrap. We decided that one day our butts are just going to make that noise and poof our butts will instantly be round, bubbly and perfect. She goes to the gym twice a day and she is my hero!!



6. My trainer is the cheapest therapist I have ever had. I still talk to her more than anyone else on this planet and she knows more about my life than I ever thought was possible. Some of my workouts go by so fast because we are just chatting away...unfortunately this is also usually the workouts where she loses count and I end up doing way more reps. I am pretty sure she "pretends" to lose count just to make my life a living hell. Love you AM!!


And since I am still a food blog I thought I would share this healthy and yummy recipe for Miso Glazed Salmon with Green Tea Rice. It is very healthy and fresh tasting, however I did expect the green tea to give the rice more flavor. I love salt so I did add a little sesame oil and soy sauce to the top of mine and I thought that made the recipe go from good to great...just my opinion!!

1 1/3 cups white rice, such as jasmine or short-grain sushi
1/4 cup white miso
2 Tbs. mirin
1/2 tsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
4 5-oz. skin-on salmon fillets, preferably about 3/4 inch thick
1/2 cup loose-leaf green tea
Kosher salt
3 medium scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds; more for garnish
Cook the rice according to the package directions and keep warm.

Position a rack 4 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler on high.

In a small bowl, stir the miso, mirin, and rice vinegar with a fork to blend. Put the salmon fillets skin side down on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, leaving space between them. Pat the salmon dry and broil for 2 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and, with a spoon, carefully spread the miso mixture over the top of the fillets. Broil until the salmon is just barely opaque in the center (use a paring knife to check), 2 to 3 minutes more.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 2-1/4 cups of water to a simmer. Put the tea leaves and 3/4 tsp. salt in a 4-cup heatproof liquid measuring cup. Pour the hot water over the leaves and let steep for 1 minute.

Gently mix the scallions and sesame seeds into the rice and divide among four large shallow bowls, mounding it in the center. Pour the tea through a strainer around each mound. With a spatula, lift the salmon from the baking sheet, leaving the skin behind, and place on top of the rice. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds and serve immediately.




0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews