Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I Like My Recipes Like I Like My Men

So, did my title get you to open my blog?


I am somewhat joking and somewhat being real about the title of this blog. Tonight I was cooking Cream of Carrot Soup, which shouldn't make you think of love and dating, right? I totally agree if your answer was a full body NO!!

However, I have to say this recipe truly did make me think of dating...because...this recipe had me prep my soup...and wait for it...I got to let it cook on its own for 40 minutes...and then I got to come back and finish prepping my soup.

I am pretty sure at this point in the blog you are thinking to yourself,"well isn't that great, sounds like a wonderful recipe, but what does that have to do with dating still?"

And I don't fault you for one second for not following my convoluted train of thought...so, let me help you out!! While I was cooking my carrot soup and I finished prepping the ingredients...I poured myself a glass of wine and I smiled as I listened to jazz....and I thought this is absolutely heaven....I have a glass of good wine, I am listening to amazing music, I have a roof over my head, it is warm and cozy on a cold night, my kitty is snoring on the sofa, I am content, and I am so grateful for this amazing life.

Would I love to meet my king? Absolutely!! But ya know what else? I would love to have a relationship that made my heart feel happy, my soul feel content, and one that allowed us to be two incredible and independent and free individuals who happen to compliment each others lives.

So, ya know what...I like my men like I like my recipes....fun, tasty, independent, full of freedom, flavorful, energetic, entertaining, and truly free so we can both be ourselves...because I like my recipes like I like my men!

Back to food!! Tonight I made Cream of Carrot Soup and sure I know that the thought of cream of carrot soup makes us all think of boring flavorless childhood soup recipes that we were forced to eat on the last day of the month because we were low on funds. But let me tell you this soup recipe is modern, flavorful, complex, free and so independent!! It has bacon and blue cheese and fried sage and to be honest I never thought a carrot soup recipe could make be so happy!!

Side note, as many of you know I wear fake lash extensions and they are my guilty little pleasure!! Tonight I learned yet another valuable lesson about the benefits of fake lashes...so I was cooking bacon tonight and the bacon grease decided to spit at me...and I shit you not the bacon grease would have blinded me and got in my eye...which is never fun with hot bacon grease...but my lashes stopped it...which is why I am alive and able to write this blog right now!! Thank you Baby Jesus and Starsha who does my lash extensions!!

Here is the Cream of Carrot Soup Recipe:

Ingredients:

8 ounces thick-sliced bacon (about 6 slices), chopped

¼ cup fresh sage leaves

2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped (about 6 cups)

2 large onions, sliced (2 cups)

6 cloves garlic, minced

½ teaspoon kosher salt

1 7 ounce russet potato, peeled and chopped (1 1/3 cups)

6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth

⅓ cup whipping cream

Blue cheese

Black pepper

Directions


Step 1
Cook bacon in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven until browned and crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings. Add sage leaves to hot drippings and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sage leaves no longer sizzle; remove and drain with bacon. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the Dutch oven.



 Cook carrots, onions, garlic, and salt in reserved drippings for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Add potato and chicken broth to Dutch oven.



 Bring to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are very tender.



Step 2
Puree soup until very smooth with an immersion blender*; add cream and heat through. Top soup with reserved bacon, sage leaves, blue cheese, and cracked black pepper.





Seriously, all joking aside, try this recipe!! I am pretty proud of my side by side pics. Just saying!! You will not be disappointed!! Cheers!!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews