Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I love pizza!!!

So tonight after the gym I decided I was going to cook and I thought hmmm I could make soup but after sweating my ass off in the gym soup just wasn't what I wanted. I thought of making cookies but I don't usually eat my cookies and I was friggin starving tonight. So I thought well hell...yes I actually think the same way I talk...and obviously I write the same way I think and talk...at least I am consistent. Anyway I decided to make pizza. But because its me I couldn't make like traditional pizza I had to make a Food Network Arugula Prosciutto Pizza.



I thought the arugula would add some green leafy vegetables, the pizza would add the carbs and the cheese would add my happiness. Ahh yeah slice of heaven and with red wine I am seriously in a state of perfection and bliss. Yes, that is pretty close to my natural state but this is even one step better.



So lets talk food. I bought my pizza dough from Fresh and Easy and I learned a very valuable lesson the last time I used store bought crust. Let the crust sit out for 20 min or until its at room temperature. It is so much easier to use and roll out. I tried rolling it out last time straight out of the fridge and it was seriously like wrestling with a sumo...ok I don't have any personal sumo wrestling experience but trying to mold that dough was exactly what I thought it would be like.

I have to say I was pretty proud of myself with this dough and it actually rolled out looking pretty much like a round circle and like a pizza should. I however did hit a bump in the road when I put it in the oven as it formed a pizza dough hematoma (aka giant dough bump). So I had to pop it and all was good.

I also couldn't find just arugula at the store so I bought a bag of spinach/arugula and used that and it actually worked really well. I like the contrast of the lemon juice and the salt.

As a side note if you don't have a pizza stone buy one. They are one of my most favorite kitchen accouterments and I have used mine for well pizza but also cookies, biscuits and you name it.


Directions

Place a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch round. Transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or another upside-down baking sheet; slide the dough onto the hot pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl with the garlic, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.


Remove the pizza from the oven, brush with the olive oil mixture and top with the ricotta and mozzarella. Return the pizza to the oven; bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 6 more minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the arugula and shallot in a large bowl with the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizza with the arugula salad, prosciutto and shaved parmesan. Cut into slices.
I drank Zinfandel with the pizza. It actually would have probably been better with a white just because of the olive oil, rosemary and white cheeses but I found this pretty light zin at Fresh and Easy and its decent especially for $7.99. Its called Small Wonder and its a wine from Paso Robles. In parting as many of you know it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to food and I have to say this recipe impressed me. It was easy, flavorful and light and perfect for the summer. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Pizza looks delish! Have you tried The Big Kahuna white wine from Fresh & Easy? You must! $1.99!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried that wine and its ok for $1.99

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews