Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Munchies

I love food that looks hard...when it is actually easy. And that is exactly what these cookies are. You look at a cookie and see that it is stuffed and you think,"wow, how did that filling get inside that cookie?" Kind of like filled donuts! I was so fascinated with them as a kid because I always wondered how that filling ended up inside that donut. Thankfully my Mom never took me to a donut shop when they were filling donuts otherwise I would have been so disappointed...probably equivalent to finding out Santa wasn't real. As a side note yes I was one of those kids who was devastated by that reality. However, since I was a logical kid I did tell my parents that I was kind of relieved as I was a little concerned about the fact that he could get into my house...even back then I knew that breaking and entering was bad. Haha



Anyway I digress...back to the cookies. So the Chocolate Peanut Munchies I made were a chocolate cookie with a peanut butter filling. And let me just say this recipe was a complete winner they are soft, not too sweet and have a great blend of chocolate/peanut butter flavor so that neither one is completely overpowering.

Like every other cookie recipe you blend the dry ingredients in a separate bowl-flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Does anyone else get immense pleasure from using up an ingredient? I was so excited to use up a container of cocoa powder and I often feel the same way when finishing a bag of flour, a box of butter, etc. I kind of feel like it's a sense of accomplishment of sorts.

In the bowl of a mixer blend the 2 butters (peanut and regular) and the 2 sugars (white and brown). Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Then add the flour mixture. This becomes your chocolate dough. And even though there is a hint of peanut butter in this dough, in my opinion, the peanut butter flavor is not distinguishable.

In a 2nd mixer bowl...or in my case in the same bowl that you just washed...combine the remaining peanut butter and powdered sugar. This mixture is somewhat crumbly, however once you start to shape it into balls it does come together so do not panic.

Roll both mixtures into 32 balls. Ok because I make big cookies I made closer to 25-27 balls, but that is just me.

Take your chocolate balls and flatten them out. Top with a peanut butter ball and shape the chocolate dough around them. Place on a cookie sheet and then use a glass dipped in sugar to flatten them out.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

Sounds pretty easy, right!!! And I have to say my best friend, who tastes almost all of my food, said these cookies were her favorite yet! Which is quite the compliment as she is pretty much the female version of the cookie monster...minus the blue fur. Ok not really but it sounded funny so I went with it.

Here is the link to the recipe if you would like to give it a try: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/peanut-butter-munchies/

I love chewy and chocolatey cookies and these cookies were both so I was an extremely happy camper. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm bound and determined to try and make a version of these that I could eat. Maybe Stevia and pure maple syrup? I'll have to think about this one because those look so delicious and LOVE peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews