Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog Apology

Let me start by saying "I am sorry." I have kind of been in a food and wine slump...don't get me wrong I still love wine and food just as much as I always have, however I just haven't been eating or drinking. These are 2 things that make writing about food and wine challenging...cause if you don't taste it you don't know it...I would say that is my motto but I just came up with that right now and I don't think you can claim something as your motto if you only use it once. Just saying....

However, last night I made a promise to a dear friend that I would set small goals every single day...so here I am back to writing and back to cooking. Tonight I plan on making Agnolotti with Artichoke Sauce...I will definitely let you know how that goes. BTW do any of you know what agnolotti is? I hadn't the slightest idea before seeing this recipe and I thought there was no way in hell I would be able to find it in a grocery store...yet I was wrong. Agnolotti is in the ravioli family however its shaped like half a ravioli (see pic to the right) and it is in grocery stores. I found it at Vons in the refrigerated pasta section and they had various stuffings...I bought four cheese. Learn something new everyday, right? Wish me luck and if I don't show up for work tomorrow please come looking for me...agnolotti poisoning. Actually now that I say it out loud it sounds kind of like a disease...oh crap I have agnolotti. Hmmm....oh wait maybe I shouldn't be talking to myself about pasta while I sit alone in my house...crazy!!!

So as I was preparing to write my blog I started to do some google searches of food quotes to give me some inspiration and I came across this...since I am making an artichoke sauce I thought to myself...Self, this is an appropriate quote!

After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps.  ~Miss Piggy


Yes, I know what you are all thinking. "Did she really just quote Miss. Piggy in a food blog?" And the answer is yes, yes I did. She was one of my childhood all time faves and she is worthy of a blog shout out. So to all of you haters...I say suck it. 

Last weekend I did cook one recipe that is blog worthy. I made Lime Marinated Chicken and Tomatillo Corn Salsa http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/lime-marinated-chicken-and-tomatillo-corn-salsa/
This is a great summer recipe if you are not on the spot starving which I was at the time that I made this. The chicken does need to marinate for 1-2 hours however its worth it and the salsa is to die for as you grill the onion, tomatillos, corn and poblano chile before you put all of the ingredients (except the corn) in the blender with some cilantro and brown sugar....yum...ate some of it with chips while I was waiting for the chicken to marinate. This is the perfect recipe to have with a cold refreshing beer....Mexican beer would be ideal but all I had was Hefeweizen...still way good. Totally recommend it!

Have a good night all and I hope to be better with my blogging. Chow!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! I love keeping up with you and reading all the fun and funny stuff. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews