Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lessons Learned in Arizona

Last weekend I took the long road trip to Scottsdale....initially driving sounded like a great idea...open road, save money, enjoy the scenery and just use that time to think. Um WTH was I thinking?!%^%$ 6 hours each way and I left Friday and came back Sunday...hmmm not the brightest move. However, the trip was fantastic! I met some amazing role models and learned some great food lessons that I wanted to share.

#1. Did you know that you can freeze grapes and use them to cool off your wine? I learned that grapes are much better than ice cubes as they don't water down the wine. I saw this done with green grapes and white wine but I guess if you like your red wine chilled you could do the same thing with red grapes. Very innovative!!

#2 I learned that if you prop the plates at an angle when you take pictures of food it looks more 3 dimensional and adds some texture and boldness to the photo. I also learned that additional accessories enhance food photos...it doesn't have to be completely focused on the food.  See example below

#3 The myth is true the bread on the East Coast is better due to the water. Out of 9 women at this weekend there were 3 from the East Coast and they all confirmed that the water makes bread taste better, enhance the texture and allows for the chewy center and the crispy crust. Heaven!!

#4 I also found my Arizona weekend to be a true representation of how quickly food can bond a group of strangers. On Friday night the 9 of us started out as complete individuals with different backgrounds, goals, ages, lifestyles and careers. However, over the course of weekend which included 3 meals a day, cocktails and coffee we left Sunday afternoon bonded...some more than others...but bonded still the same. We all broke bread together and shared our life stories allowing for a connection to be forged quickly, in a short period of time and with enthusiasm. Cheers to my new found friends in AZ!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews