Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spanish Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers

So Friday night before I left for my running weekend I decided to try a Rachael Ray recipe that I had been carrying around for awhile. As those of you who have been to my house know I carry around recipes for years....waiting for that perfect moment, occasion or just food feeling. Ya know those food feelings.


I also am the queen of buying and holding on to strange ingredients. So last month when I was at a cooking class at Let's Get Cookin in Westlake I noticed they had Spanish Chorizo which is a dried chorizo more like a sausage than the Mexican chorizo which tends to be more greasy and oily. So I bought it as for some random reason I remembered that Rachael Ray often talks about chorizo but she talks about cutting it so I knew it wasn't the variety that is more common on the West Coast.

Anyway this recipe is very easy and filled with flavor. The shrimp is marinated in a spicy lemon marinate and then threaded on skewers with the chorizo and grilled. Did learn a valuable lesson...the chorizo drips grease which can cause combustion in a bbq...minor details. The couscous is also very flavorful as it is cooked in chicken broth and has peas, green onions, olives, almonds, cilantro and saffron added to it. It is very moist and has a lot more flavor than regular couscous. Try it you will like it!

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1952

As a side note finished my half marathon today...it was a hard one for me and I didn't care for the course. San Diego is a beautiful area and I was disappointed with the course as it had us running on the 805 FWY for about 3 miles...yes, the cars were gone otherwise I would be writing this from a hospital bed. However, as you know the freeway is at a slant to allow for water run off and that made for a very challenging running surface. I had a great time with friends and as usual I was glad to get the exercise and the accomplishment. I even met a girl who traveled from Canada to run it and she said she just does it for the medals...hmm ok...whatever works for motivation, right? Now I am on to training for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk...will start tomorrow though because my hips are so sore I don't want to get off the couch right now...or the coach right GLW?

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews