Powered by Blogger.
Monday, July 25, 2011

Did you say toaster oven?

So as many of you know my best friend cooks EVERYTHING in the toaster oven! When she first started inviting me over for dinner I was extremely judgmental of this wacky cooking obsession. I have never owned a toaster oven and I still do not for that matter. And I figure if the device has the word toast in its name it is probably good for hmmm I don't know maybe toast. But she quickly made me a believer as she whipped up salmon and then rib eye in her trusty toaster oven.

Last weekend we were at Kohls (aka my best friends favorite store) and she said that she will need a new toaster oven soon. So we went over to look at them and wow have they changed! They are pretty wazoo now and they truly look like mini ovens and not over grown toasters. Some of them even had 2 racks and I had visions of surf and turf dancing through my head. However, she wasn't sold as she is still fairly attached to old faithful....which is a Rival Countertop TO600 6 slice for those of you who wanted to know.



And since I have had a few requests for Erin's toaster oven recipes here they are:

Toaster Oven Rib Eye
Sprinkle the rib eye with Lawry's seasoning and steak seasoning. Put the rib eye in the toaster oven on broil for 10-15 min and flip over. Cook on the other side 5-8 more min. Super Easy!

Toaster Oven Salmon
Take the salmon and cut small cuts on the top of the fish. Put a small amount of butter in the slits (can be low fat butter). Add Lawry's seasoning and put in the toaster oven on broil for 7-8 min depending on the size of the fish. Again Super Easy!

"I LOVE cooking with the toaster oven because it doesn't heat up the house like a regular oven would do," said BFF (AKA Erin).

And although I haven't crossed over to the toaster oven dark side yet I do love coming to her house on warm summer evenings and enjoying salmon or rib eye and a house that is not sweltering hot. Oh and I usually also enjoy a glass of wine which makes for a truly enjoyable evening. Thanks E and Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Love my toaster oven!!! Thanks for the feature, D. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I use the toaster oven at work... beats eating out all the time!
    Hope you guys are well!
    Sarah (opd)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah.. asparagus is great in one! lawry's monterey steak spice on them.. a lil kick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danita is challenged. I'm posting this for her. With love, your bff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danita so glad you are reading my blog...hope I make you laugh

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews