Powered by Blogger.
Friday, July 8, 2011

To all my vegetarians...and those that aren't

So tonight for some strange reason I was craving tofu. I know what you all are thinking, seriously who the fuck craves tofu? I know if someone had told me yesterday that they were craving tofu. I would have told them they were a jackass cause no one does that. Well yet again life throws a curve ball at me and I have learned AGAIN never say never (yes that is a Justin Bieber song). So I went to www.allrecipes.com and looked for tofu recipes and I found this one for Honey Mustard Tofu...sounded kind of strange as the tofu is dredged in whole wheat flour and cooked in butter and then you make this honey mustard sauce. But I thought what the heck lets try it. Ok to all my vegetarian friends and family out there I owe you an apology...it was so friggin good. It was a little spicy, a little sweet and it was fried in butter so really how can you go wrong. I was also thinking that tofu is way good for me and low calorie/low fat...however valuable lesson learned when its cooked in several tablespoons of butter nothing is low calorie and low fat...but that is the price you sometimes have to pay for yummy tofu. Here is the link for anyone who wants to try it: Honey Mustard Tofu
The picture shows chunks of tofu but I did slabs probably 3"x2" slabs and they were really good. When I made this I ate it with steamed asparagus but because the sauce is so good I think this would be excellent over rice.

Ok and for all the carnivores out there I don't want you to feel all left out of this veggie love fest so let me share this super easy Paella recipe that I found. I recently downloaded the Martha Stewart app onto my iphone and I have found that is has come in handy especially when I realized at the last minute that I have nothing to make for dinner...so I go to my app find a recipe all while in the grocery store and buy the ingredients. And that is exactly what I did yesterday...went to the gym and went to the grocery store in a panic. For the longest time I had a fear of Martha Stewart and I know some of you may think this fear is because she is a hardened criminal who did prison time but believe it or not that is not what my fear is based upon (please read with sarcasm here). It is because when I first started cooking I tried some Martha Stewart recipes and they were long, drawn out, tedious and frustrating. I remember one night when I was married to a fireman one of my good friends and I decided to make one of her soup recipes or something...and it was taking so long that we were all trashed from too many cocktails, the guys had got called out to a fire and returned and the soup still wasn't friggin done. So that is where my fear of Martha began...yet I decided to try again and face my fears just like any good cook should do. So I found this paella recipe and let me tell you it was yum! It truly took under 30 min, did not have any outrageous and hard to find ingredients and it wasnt too spicy. I found this great sausage that I used at the Albertsons in Moorpark it was a chicken sausage with jack cheese...too die for!  Here is the link in case anyone wants to try it: Easy Paella
Oh and I am pretty excited as it photographs pretty well. Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend.
And hope you all enjoy good food and wine like I plan to do.

2 comments:

  1. I find your blog to be funny, poignant and informative. I hope you will continue and possibly increase your entries per week. I gather, though, you are extremely busy and find it hard to be a daily blogger. Keep up the good work you are a talented writer, cook, and adventurer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To anonymous-
    Thank you so much for your kind words and support. You absolutely made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews