Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hmmm what to do after yoga...

So after yoga you feel so pure, relaxed and euphoric. All I could think of was going home and relaxing...and maybe drinking a glass of wine...oh and cooking...and oh wait don't forget to check your email to make sure that work doesn't need you. Don't know why I need to relax, do yoga and find way to de-stress...don't think I am high strung at all, do you? HAHAHA

Ok so tonight was yoga night and what was supposed to be 60 minutes stretched into a blissful 90 minutes..ahh but wait reality is still right around the corner. So I had an amazing night  of yoga, meditation and deep relaxing breathing. I do get home and I am CALM...or as calm as I can ever be...lets be realistic here. I pour myself a glass of Seghesio Zinfandel and it is heaven when it hits the palette...relaxation increasing...good for me.

And when you are feeling all high and mighty on the relaxation, body is a temple band wagon you obviously can't eat Kraft Mac n Cheese for dinner, right? So I decide to make tofu, poblano and mushroom enchiladas. The recipe says easy and they just sound invigorating and healthy. So I look at the picture from the recipe book (see below)
Damn that looks beautiful, healthy and fresh. It is perfect for my mood, right? So I start cooking and the recipe says easy and it pretty much is as I sautee the mushrooms, tofu and poblano peppers in a pan. I continue to drink my wine and I am calm. It says to add sour cream and shredded cheese...hmmm I can totally do that. Microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds-check. I am seriously on a roll...recipe eat your heart out. I am feeling good now and no one can break my post yoga, glass of zin high, right? WRONG!!!

So I take the tortillas out of the microwave and they feel supple in my hand. I start putting the filling in them and rolling them up to put in the pan prior to throwing them in the broiler for a few minutes. And that is when all hell breaks loose. The tortillas start to crack when I roll them....grrrr. Maybe I didn't let them get warm enough in the microwave or maybe I didn't moisten the towels they were in enough. So when I pull them out of the oven my picture does not quite duplicate the one above (see below)

For all of you who think I tore up the middle enchilada to display the filling and to be artistic with my photo skills....I love you!!! However, the truth is a few of the enchiladas exploded while in the broiler...lending themselves to a not so aesthetic plating experience. So if you look at the picture from the cookbook and compare it to my photo...comical...hence ending the calm...but oh wait I still had my glass and a half of wine so kind of comical. I do have to say though for all of my vegetarian readers these enchiladas were good...they have a great flavor with the cumin and poblano peppers and the cheese/sour cream mixture provides a great creamy texture. I highly recommend the recipe and it is way easy and can be made in 20-30 minutes. Here is the link if anyone wants to try and make them and if your enchiladas don't explode please send pics. http://www.bhg.com/recipe/vegetables/mushroom-and-poblano-vegetarian-enchiladas/

3 comments:

  1. Plating a nice meal is fun but there's a time to be a perfectionist and a time not to be. When cooking for yourself who cares how it looks as long as it is tasty. Embrace that positive flow and don't let the negative in. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. I like the lighter colors for the blog, gives it a warmer touch, keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! As I read this and glanced at the first photo I thought to myself, "Dang, she's getting to much better with her food photography!" Then I kept reading.. I came very close to spewing the coffee I had just put into my mouth all over my computer as I laugh hysterically. That's my girl! Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to type, "SO much better."

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews