Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blind Food Blog

Let me start with a bit of a vent. I took a picture of dinner last night using Instagram...which was my favorite photo app...and the picture looked great...and this morning when I went to download the picture for my blog it was gone. Grrrr...so I am sorry this is a blind food blog today devoid of a picture of my cooking prowess. But this recipe is just too good to pass up so here it goes.

So last night I decided to make chicken piccata. I figured hell this is my 3rd attempt and I never make anything three times so...this has got be pretty friggin amazing, right? And ya know what? I think I perfected chicken piccata. This recipe had the perfect crust on the chicken and the white wine, lemon, caper sauce was perfect....just tangy enough, with just enough butter to make it smooth but not so rich you are overwhelmed and just the right amount of capers and garlic to give it a really good flavor. It also has lemon slices sauteed in butter for the top and so the presentation is gorgeous as well. I served the piccata with orzo pasta that was tossed with butter and Parmesan...perfect.

The night was even better due to a last minute dinner guest that I have been wanting to cook for for a long time. So thank you for making the meal brighter.

I believe this recipe came from Cooks Illustrated but I will be honest since I am one of those people that cut out recipes and carry them around...this recipe has been carried around for so long I am just not sure of its origin. However, I definitely recommend you try it as it is easy, tasty and although it looks like a lot of time and effort went into its creation it is not time intensive. The only kind of odd thing about the recipe is that its scaled for 2 servings and most of the time I usually cook for 4, but that can easily be adjusted.

Chicken Piccata
Season:
4 chicken cutlets *** I just bought thin chicken cutlets and those worked well and saved time ***
Saute in:
2T vegetable oil
Deglaze with:
1/4 cup dry white wine
1t garlic, minced
Add:
1/2 cup chicken broth
2T fresh lemon juice
1T capers, drained
Finish with:
2T unsalted butter
lemon slices
Garnish with:
chopped fresh parsley

Season cutlets with salt and pepper then dust with flour. Spray a saute pan with nonstick spray, add vegetable oil and heat over med-high.
Saute cutlets 2-3 min on one side. Flip the cutlets over and saute the other side 1-2 min with the pan covered. Transfer the cutlets to a warm plate; pour off fat from the pan
Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly gone, about 2 min.
Add broth, lemon juice and capers. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side 1 min. Transfer cutlets to a warm plate.
Finish with butter and lemon slices. Once better melts pour sauce over cutlets. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.

So here is my challenge to you all. If you make this recipe please take a pic and send it to me so I can post them on the blog...don't worry you will get creative rights. I promise I won't be a food photo clepto but I would love pics of this dish. And seriously we all know I won't be making this a 4th time. Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend....cheers!



1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews