Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 29, 2012

Celebrating National Lasagna Day with Tacos?

So I spent this morning cleaning out my email Inbox and while I was doing this I had an epiphany. "I am a recipe hoarder." I used to be the variety that would cut all sorts of recipes out of magazines, newspapers, etc. But today I have swapped one addiction for another....my hoarding is now being hidden by a very full Inbox. I have 100's of recipes in my Inbox. Pretty much my process of recipe elimination goes something like this:

  • Does this sound yummy?
  • Do you think you might want to make this recipe someday (someday is defined as sometime within the next 25-50 years)?
  • Is the picture pretty?
  • Would you make this for a guest or party? If not, would you make this for yourself? If not, would you make this and give it away?
  • Does this recipe include an ingredient that I want to try?
  • Does this recipe sound odd but you may want to try it in order to broaden your horizons?
  • Does this recipe have an ingredient in it that sounds disgusting but you may need to try the ingredient again in order to keep an open mind?
  • Is this something you have always wanted to try?
  • Do you know someone who might enjoy this recipe?
  • Do you think you might meet someone someday (see above definition) who might enjoy this recipe?
If I answer yes to any of the questions above the recipe is saved in my inbox. Sure I could totally make a folder in my email for recipes, but really that defeats the purpose...I want to see the vast array of recipes every single time I sign on to my email. Yup!!

So today is National Lasagna Day!!! Yay!!! So one would think that I would jump on the opportunity to celebrate such a luscious holiday, right? Hmmm yeah no. I had already purchased ingredients to make shrimp tacos prior to the discovery of this delectable and festive event so alas I am not celebrating in full Italian style. Instead I am going for a fiesta themed meal that I must say was truly one of the easiest meals I have made in a long time. This taco recipe came from one of those Food Network 50 Recipe pull out pamphlets in the magazine. And this one is a winner!!



Shrimp Diablo Tacos

Saute 3 sliced garlic cloves in oil. Add 1 lb shrimp, cooked until just pink. Add 1 T each tomato paste and chopped chipotles in adobo sauce and 1/4 cup water; simmer until thick. Serve in tortillas with cilantro.

Doesn't get much easier than that, right? I served the tacos with rice. I added cilantro, chopped green onions, tomatoes, avocado, salt and chipotles in adobo sauce but just the sauce. Very flavorful!!

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Today I went to a wine tasting event at Bellavino and this was definitely my favorite wine that I tasted. Loved the marketing campaign for this company too. Cru has 3 different varieties of pinot noir and the distributor described their pinot as having 3 personalities like Charlies Angels-nice, smart and nasty. And yes we tasted all 3 varieties and sure enough all 3 had very different and distinct flavors. However, believe it or not we liked the "nice" variety best.



Cheers my friends!

1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews