Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 22, 2012

Kitchen Takeover #2-Stove Envy

So last night I got to takeover another friends kitchen and let me just start by saying I seriously have stove envy. I was super excited when I got back to a gas stove in my place, but cooking on this beautiful chrome, commercial grade stove pretty much made my lifetime!!! Thanks MP!




I also learned about dino-bites, have you heard of these? They are pretty much the coolest kid food invention known to man. Granted I know I don't have kids so I may just be out of the kid food loop but what a great marketing idea-chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs...that is just downright awesome! I didn't have these as a kid...oh wait thats probably because I wasn't allowed to eat chicken or fried food and we didn't own a microwave for fear that I would die of radiation poisoning by the time I was 7. Love you Mom if you are reading this! Anyway if you hadn't heard of these I learned that you can get them at Costco and if you want them crispy you cook them in the oven and if you want them more flexible you throw them in the microwave. Yes, even I learn things from kitchen takeovers.



Anyway last night I made the Cheesiest Potato Soup. It was really good, but I have to say I think I could have made it cheesier...not saying it needed it but since its claiming to be the cheesiest potato soup recipe...well I am just calling shennanigans on that claim.



So the soup is very easy just melt 2T of butter and saute the onions in a pan until they are soft. Add the potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, covered. Blend the soup in batches and return to pot. Add cream, cheese, dried dill, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and voila!!



Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a try: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cheesiest-potato-soup/

I was very cognizant of picking a recipe for Kitchen Takeover #2 that screamed comfort food, but didn't take forever in the kitchen and prohibited me from visiting. This recipe was great as it was warm, cozy, had a lot of great flavor and was easy enough that we could cook, talk and drink wine without jacking up the recipe so bad that we had no idea what we were making.

Hope everyone has an amazing week-Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. I love your stove, Mel!! I have the stove envy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews