Powered by Blogger.
Friday, March 22, 2013

Super Easy Easter Brunch Idea-Raspberry Nut Dreams

So this is one of those recipes that I have been carrying around in my back pocket for quite some time and last night I finally found time to bust these out. And in my opinion they just scream Easter-they are kind of pink hued and the coconut kind of makes them look like a nest. They are also super easy which is always nice for those crazy holidays in which we are all scrambling trying to put an impressive meal on the table for our families. So this recipe is full of shortcuts! Instead of making muffin batter it calls for Pillsbury biscuits in a can...not only do I get way too much enjoyment out of popping open the can, it also saves precious holiday minutes. It also uses frozen raspberries which makes this recipe accessible all year round and regardless of geography...yes believe it or not I can get off my self righteous I live in Southern California where the weather is always beautiful kick every once in awhile and think of the poor suckers who actually have to deal with snow in the winter (how is that for a train of thought run on sentence?)



This recipe is a Pillsbury recipe and they are called Raspberry Nut Dreams. And let me just say that description is pretty appropriate-the cream cheese makes them creamy, the raspberries give them a tart kick and the brown sugar and sweetened coconut give them just enough sugar to make them feel decadent. I do have to say they are best served warm so either serve them right out of the oven or throw them in the microwave for like 15 seconds prior to serving.



So throw the macadamia nuts in the food processor and coarsely chop them. Add the brown sugar and mix the ingredients. Set aside.

Also in the food processor combine the cream cheese, a small amount of the nut mixture and raspberry liquid. For some reason the raspberries I bought didn't provide me with any raspberry liquid so I added some raspberry jam and that worked just great. As you all know I am the queen of substitutions.

Quick funny story I was talking to a family member this week about my cheesecake I made last weekend. And he was telling me that his aunt was making cheesecake when he was a kid and ran out of graham crackers for the crust so she opted to use garlic bread crumbs. Seriously!! WTH!! As you know I love substitutions just as much of the next person, but seriously that is just WRONG!!! It is one thing to do that accidentally but to conscientiously pick garlic bread crumbs as a graham cracker substitute...eck!!

Take the Pillsbury biscuits and cut them horizontally so you have 16 biscuits. Place them in a greased muffin tin.

Add a 1/2 T of the cream cheese mixture, raspberries, 1T of the nut mixture and 1 tsp of coconut. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-22 minutes.

Here is the link to the actual recipe: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/raspberry-nut-dreams/7c0a338a-13ff-4746-9e15-dee88e75455b

Voila!! Instant Easter brunch treats!! These would be awesome with a cold mimosa...just sayin'. Cheers!!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews