Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 21, 2012

Salsa Verde & Professional Jealousy

So I bought this salsa because well Guy Fieri's face was on it. I know you are thinking well that is kind of random, what exactly made you decide salsa verde would be good if there is a white guy with crazy blond hair on the label, right? Well let me help you with the answer to that question.



1. Guy Fieri is from Humboldt County so I always kind of felt an alliance with him...well until I read his web page and read that he claimed he was from Santa Rosa instead of Ferndale. Hmm my friend if you don't have Humboldt pride I am a little bitter. His family owns the Ferndale Meat Company which I know for a fact is not in Santa Rosa...just saying.

And although he doesn't claim my people on his own web page Wikipedia came through...thank you for giving the Humboldt/Guy Fieri shout out:

Though born in Ohio, Fieri grew up in Ferndale far up the coast of California in rural Humboldt County where, during high school, he had the opportunity to attend a foreign exchange program to France that began his interest in food and cooking.[16] He lives in Northern California with his wife Lori, sons Hunter and Ryder, and his dog Rockstar. He collects classic cars and features his own red 1967 Chevy Camaro SS Convertible on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Guy also owns a 1971 Chevy Chevelle, 1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1976 Jeep CJ-5, 1996 Chevy Impala SS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade and a 1967 Chevy C10 pickup


2. I love green salsa. I pretty much put it on everything...fried eggs in the morning, use it as salad dressing, chips obviously, pasta...pretty much you name it I put salsa verde on it. And as you know I love trying new food products so sure why not buy salsa with a white guys face on it.

 I actually really like the Homeboy Industries green salsa as well. This is the company that attempts to rehabilitate gang members by giving them job skills and having them make food products. I personally thought it was a positive to support a company that is attempting to get them away from violence, however I have talked to some people in my profession that just feel this company is a sham so I am a little torn on what to believe.

3. I love that Guy is such a household name that he can put his face on a product and people automatically assume its good and buy it. And I was honestly kind of hoping I wouldn't like it...well just because of professional jealousy reasons. I want to be able to put my face on salsa and have people buy it. However, my professional jealousy failed miserably because I really liked the salsa and I would totally buy it again. It has a great tomatillo flavor and it has a hint of smokiness which is very refreshing. I totally recommend that you try it. Now I just have to figure out what kind of product I can put my face on. Nutella? Anchovy paste? Watermelon?

Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend full of good food, good company and good wine. Cheers my friends!!






1 comment:

  1. Someday your face will be posted everywhere...I believe that!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews