Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Football Food-Chipotle Burgers w/Avocado Salsa


  • So as many of you know I am a Minnesota Vikings fan. No, I am not from Minnesota, never traveled to Minnesota, don't know anything at all about the state, don't have family there and I am pretty sure I never want to live there since it is freezing ass cold. However, my support of the Minnesota Vikings started due to a minor crush on then quarterback, Brett Favre. I truly thought he was a legend, he was extremely athletic, fun to watch and always seemed to find a way to comeback from behind...and um yeah well he was decent eye candy too.

However, my love affair quickly ended with the texting scandal....no its not a moral issue and I am not taking a stand on how wrong it was for him to cheat on his wife. It was pure jealousy...I checked my phone every day for a week looking for my copy of those pictures...and alas they never arrived. So I decided at that time we were breaking up.

Sure I maintained my support of Minnesota well because by then they had become my team and I continue to support them to this day. However, for me football is not all about having a team, favorite players, knowing stats or even knowing everything about the game. It is about enjoying good friends, a few beers, food that you can only eat when football is on in the background such as nachos, burgers and onion rings and just chilling with America's favorite past time. So that is exactly what I did today...I had a nice relaxing Sunday with Chipotle Burgers and Avocado Salsa, Pacifico beer and good times. 



These burgers are super yum!! They have some zest from the chipotle chiles, the salsa was fresh and gave the burgers great flavor and the meat was juicy and tender...probably because I didn't follow the recipe and cook them on the grill. I loved grilled food, but I have found that with burgers the grill tends to dry them out so I love to cook my burgers in a cast iron skillet...just holds the juices in better. 



The recipe also calls for a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, but I used a half can just because I thought it would be way too spicy otherwise and it was perfect. The burgers had great flavor and were still spicy enough to make me happy, without being so over the top zesty that my eyes were watering and snot was running down my face. 



  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  •  
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
  • onion, diced
  • tomato, diced
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 4 onion rolls, split

Directions

  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
  2. Place half the chopped cilantro into a large bowl and mix with ground beef, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce. Set remaining cilantro aside. Form the beef mixture into 4 patties.
  3. Lightly toss remaining cilantro in a bowl with avocado, onion, tomato, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, salt, and black pepper.
  4. Grill burgers on the preheated grill until browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes per side. Serve the burgers on onion rolls topped with avocado salsa.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and I hope you enjoy the first week of Fall...whatever that means since its still 90 degrees here today. 

1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews