Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 28, 2012

This is a blog about a blog...

So this is the first time I tried a recipe from a blog that I have subscribed to for quite a few months. Ya know trying a new recipe source is kind of like hunting prey...or maybe I should say what I imagine hunting prey would be like. You watch it for awhile, assess your kill strategy, toy with it,  and then pounce!! So I have watched this blog, read the posts and looked at the recipes and decided sure I think this blog is worthy of my attention. It is called Pass the Sushi, however I do have to say in the 6 months that I have subscribed to it I haven't seen a single sushi recipe, but hey its not my blog. Anyway the recipes look really good but the writing is definitely not as funny as mine, but since we are being honest she is a better photographer so I will give her props for that.
Check her out: http://passthesushi.com/andes-creme-de-menthe-chunk-cookies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+passthesushi%2FjktB+%28Pass+The+Sushi%21%29

Last night I decided to try and make her Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies. My first challenge was to find Andes chocolate mint chips...which honestly was way easier than I expected as I found them at Target (Moorpark) and they truly do taste like the after dinner mints you get at restaurants. I could have honestly just snacked on them, but I figured that pretty much defeats the purpose of a cooking blog if I just eat the ingredients and I don't cook with them.



So this recipe is way easy. Just cream the butter with the 2 sugars, add the baking soda and baking powder...and get this its the same measurement for the powder and the soda so you don't have to stress about getting them confused. Ya know when you are baking sometimes it's the little things and I am sure we have all gotten the measurements for the baking soda and the baking powder confused a time or 2.

Then add the vanilla and eggs. Once those are combined turn off the mixer...seriously no one needs a hand/mixer accident during a pleasant baking experience. Mix in the mint chips and the flour. Put the dough in the fridge for an hour...I highly recommend using that hour to catch up on reality tv, but that is just my opinion.

Once that hour has passed with a glass of wine and some housewives you can shape your cookies into balls and place them on a parchment lined cooking sheet. I cooked mine for 9 minutes and put them on a rack to cool.

Finally, melt the chocolate and dip the bottoms of the cookies in the melted chocolate. Sure mine didn't turn out as pretty as the picture on the Pass the Sushi blog, but mine were made by a human rather than a machine or a robot...just saying...ok sure a little bitter but still making fun with love.



Anyway these cookies are yummy!!! They are chewy just the way I like them and the combination of chocolate and mint make for happiness. Love them!!! If anyone wants cookies this weekend hit me up. XOXO

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup salted butter – softened
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
  • 1 teas baking soda
  • 1 teas baking powder
  • 2 teas vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 10 oz  Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
  • 2-2/3 cups sifted flour
  • 4 oz semi sweet chocolate

Preparation:

In the bowl of your mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.
Stir in the Andes baking chips and the flour. Cover and chill for one hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F, set the rack in the oven one level above the middle, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a small ice cream scoop, portion out cookies on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches from one another. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool on pans for two minutes before setting on a wire rack to cool completely.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts until smooth. Dip the cookies in the chocolate to coat the bottoms and place on wire rack until solid.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Danah! I think I have to sign up for your Blog again. I have been really busy these last two weeks and I just realized that you've posted several entries in that time. Heaven only knows why I'm not getting the email telling me so... The last one I received was dated Sep 2 (Summer Salads). Please let me know if other people are not getting their Blog notice. Thanks!

    Oh and BTW, I would love some cookies... :)

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews