Powered by Blogger.
Friday, December 6, 2013

6th Day of Christmas: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf w/Parmesan and Tomato

During this busy holiday season there are nights when we just need dinner to be waiting for us on the table. And not all of us have a sexy boyfriend/husband with 6pk abs and an affinity for the kitchen waiting for us after a long day of work/shopping/Christmas carolling or sledding, so sometimes we have to make do with a slow cooker. That was pretty much the case for me today. Thank you slow cooker for being there for me after a long day. Between the slow cooker and my electric blanket, well I am pretty content being single...ok sure there are other products I am thankful for as well, but let's stick with slow cooker and electric blankets for now.





Tonight my slow cooker made me Meat Loaf with Parmesan and Tomatoes and I will be completely honest this was a Weight Watchers recipe and so in my experience these recipes can be hit or miss. This recipe, luckily, was a hit, especially since I ended up feeding my best friend and her husband. Because well after a few glasses of wine our motivation to do anything other than turn off the slow cooker was slim to none.

So this recipe was extremely easy and very tasty. And it truly was perfect for the coldest day of the year in So Cal because it is warm and comforting...and I am not joking we actually had ice on our cars today.


Combine 1lb ground turkey, 1/2 cup grated zucchini, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 dried bread crumbs, 3T fresh parsley chopped, 2T egg substitute or egg whites, 1 garlic clove that is chopped or dried garlic and salt/pepper. Mix in a bowl and shape into a loaf.


Pour 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce over the top.

Yes, I know it kind of looks like a brain

Line the slow cooker with aluminum foil. Place turkey loaf in slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour.

Turn cooker to low and cook for another 4 hours.

Pick-up the foil and take it out of the slow cooker and let it sit for 10 minutes, slice and eat.


We served it over mashed potatoes and with a sprig of parsley, which makes everything look more classy, right? So cheers to a busy holiday season and a nice warm meal that is waiting for you at home. XOXO

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews