Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 19, 2011

Be careful what you wish for...

So I decided to tackle minestrone soup take 2 today. Its kind of a dreary, about to rain kind of soup day so I thought it would be perfect. I ran 7 miles this morning, did weights yesterday and it hurts every time I move so I thought hell the extent of my activity for the day will be to cook...oh and go to a comedy club with some friends...can it get better than laughing hysterically while your abs feel like they are on fire? Hmmm....WTF was I thinking?

Ok, do you want the good news or the bad news first? I am a positive person so lets go with the positive...the minestrone soup is served with a dollop of pesto on top and OMG it is so good. The bad news...crap it absorbed my broth again so yet again I had to add more broth which kind of diluted the flavor. However, if anyone is interested in trying it here is the link Endless Summer Minestrone
And if any of you are successful in keeping broth in your soup please share....think its time for me to move onto another type of soup...what about gazpacho since the weather should be starting to get warmer soon, right? Or maybe potato soup as I love the idea of a baked potato soup on a cold day? I will keep you posted.

Ok so enough about cooking thought you would all appreciate this story. So I love the show Amazing Race and for some wacky reason I think the Travelocity gnome is hysterical and I love the commercials where he is in different locations and doing random things like snorkeling or taking a bubble bath. Well crap just when you think men don't pay attention to a word you say...I realized mine does. So what do I get as a gift? A Travelocity gnome! He is a little over a foot tall and he is now sitting in my living room. And guess how much he cost? $75!!! Yes, he is a yard gnome but you can't put a friggin $75 lawn ornament in your yard, right? So he is sitting on a speaker in my living room...which if you have ever been to my house looks really out of place cause I am kind of a minimalist type of decorator. And it gets better we got into a fight about the gnome because I didn't seem as grateful as he thought I should be....hmmm it's a gnome. Guess he was expecting a little more for a lawn gnome. Ok he keeps looking over my shoulder as I write this so I better bail. Have a great weekend and keep me posted on your minestrone soup successes

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews