Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am a horrible food photographer...

Let me start by saying I never thought twice about the amazing pictures in my cookbooks or food magazines until I started this blog. You would think that since food doesn't move it would be easy to photograph...hmmm think again. It might not move but it also never looks good or appetizing or full of contrast and texture like it does in the photo shoots that we all see in such magazines as Food and Wine. I went to a Cajun cooking class on Friday and oh my gosh the food was great and it looked beautiful on the plate so I took a picture thinking oh that would be great to put on my blog. But alas when I showed the photo to my husband he told me it looked like a big mash of stuff...not exactly what I was hoping for with my artistic photo attempt...which is the reason you now all realize why it is no where to be seen on this blog.

There was also the time last week when I was making scones and I decided to take a picture also for this blog (see photo from last week). Well while the scones were baking I was on FB chatting with a friend and when I told them I was making scones they asked for a picture. I told them I had just posted one on FB and they said it wasn't there. So I told them to look again and they said "oh I thought that was cheese pizza." Really? So now I take pictures of scones that look like pizza and Cajun food that looks like a mash of stuff. Guess I can't quit my day job to become a food photographer.

However, tonight I tried again as I made Austin Mac and Cheese and it tasted so good I thought I need to put this recipe on my blog. And since I am a visual learner there must be a picture....yeah well here is the picture. Doesn't look appetizing at all does it? But seriously it is really tasty and I promise it does look better in person.

And back to my photos maybe I should just start posting the pictures and we can play a game also known as "name that food." Oy!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, danah. I thought this was a picyure of the San Bruno pipeline explosion, or the new lava flow at Kiluea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave...you aren't helping haha

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews