Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lesson for the young, single, bakers out there...

So as you all know I am trying to teach myself to bake. And in order to keep myself from eating what I make I usually bring it to work, after I leave some for my husband on the counter. But hell I am a sucker for ripped abs so he doesn't need to eat it all either....I like my men in damn good shape. Tall, dark, handsome has always been my type...but I digress.

Today was no different since as you all know I made chocolate chip cookies last night. The recipe was nothing completely out of the ordinary so I didn't feel the need to post it. However, I had a realization as I brought a plate of cookies into a classroom full of cops....usually I take them to my Dispatchers but I was in a class today.  Men will do anything for food! My favorite comment was," I would marry you if I wasn't already married." Why the hell didn't I realize this when I was a sweet young, single thing. Sure in my early career days as a Dispatcher my work partner and I would always cook for the guys...we actually did a theme night every Sunday (I think) in the middle of the night. The guys would all come into dispatch...oops the streets of E-town weren't safe for about an hour...and we would make waffles or sundaes or chili out of a crock pot or even a complete Turkey dinner. However, we did it for team building and because we all had a good time together...never thought to use it to get dudes. Ahh the joys of a small town PD.

But hell what I could have done then if I knew what I know now...

Let me just say when you start as a Dispatcher at the age of 19 your love life is bizarre and crazy. This is where I want to say thank you to the 12-15 cops who raised me and schooled me on love advice in the middle of the night in between calls (that sounds bad and that is not what I mean they were like brothers to me)...hmmm what is wrong with that picture? Did anyone else go through that stage in life where every guy you dated always married the "next girl?" I had 3 in a row like that and ok to be honest there was only 1 that actually made me sad...the rest were just ammunition for jokes for years to come. Remember ________ you were so lucky you didn't get stuck with that douche (E, sorry I know you hate that word but I did date some guys that truly were that word). So what do I do I marry my one night stand rebound guy who never went home after that one night stand...hmm wonder why that marriage lasted 18 months. And through all of this I never thought to use food and cookies to get to their heart. Guess the boys in the middle of the night didn't think to coach me on that skill...way to go boys....instead they taught me how to drink beer (off duty I promise), how not to be the clingy girlfriend, how to make mixed drinks, how to laugh (especially at myself) and how to chill. Love you guys!

So to all the sweet young things who are out there reading this...start baking...not to get a husband...wait until you are older for that...but to meet some guys, have fun and laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Haha if you didn't know about it I must have been successful about keeping it away from work

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews