Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Confessions of a gym slacker...

So tonight I had my workout clothes on and I was ready to head out the door for the gym. I thought I was full of motivation and enthusiasm until I saw the bottle of grenache sitting on my counter. It was open and it was almost gone...maybe enough for a glass and a half of wine. And well the rest is history...

Here I sit in my gym clothes...not sweaty at all...with my glass and a half of grenache that I have nursed...as I write my blog and make chocolate peanut butter whoopie pies. Yup I am back on the whoopie pie bandwagon and let me just say chocolate, peanut butter and red wine is pretty much as close to heaven as I think I can get right now.

So I love the chewy chocolate cookie-check. I love the peanut butter...the sweet kind...not the all natural nutty kind...check. I love the red wine...yup check. Put them all together and what do you get....OMG love affair with cookie!


And they are pretty darn easy to make as well. I know that I am on some crazy Better Homes and Gardens kick...but this is one of their recipes...some chick in the middle of nowhere like South Dakota or something submitted this recipe and won like $1,000. I would have totally given her more money but the judges were obviously sober when they awarded her this prize and the cookies were obviously not paired with grenache or zinfandel or cab to say the least.

So you make the cookies and although mine look nothing like the picture in the book...big surprise, right...they are a combination of peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and cocoa powder. You bake them and while you are doing that you mix a hell of a lot of butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar together to mix the filling. Put it all together and what do you get...whoopie pies!!!

Yes, ladies and Miguel they are coming to work with me tomorrow because if I kept 15 whoopie pies at my house that would be disastrous for my ass and my running skills. If anyone would like to make them they are seriously fun, easy and yummy and here is the link to the recipe: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/chocolate-peanut-butter-whoopie-pies/

Now for the random thought of the night...what the hell is up with people playing musical instruments while driving? I played the piano for 7 years and I never once played it while driving a car. So the other day I am working in my Comm. Center and this woman calls to complain because this guy is driving down the road playing a saxophone...well it turned out to be a clarinet...but seriously. We did not find him to give him a ticket...however I definitely had my officers looking as I wanted to offer him a job because if he can multi-task like that...that boy deserves a job as a dispatcher.

So then if that wasn't random enough as it was...yesterday I am driving on the freeway and I look over to notice an older model forest green volvo and in the drivers seat is this young college aged gentleman driving and playing the guitar. Really? All I have to say is really?

Good night ya all (read with southern accent).

2 comments:

  1. Yup, that is some talent! Your should have taken a picture of the guitar man... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Great cookies! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews