Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 15, 2011

To my favorite baker...

So if you have been reading my blog for any period of time you would have heard me rave about my friend Jen (she is on the left because we look so much alike I thought I would help you all figure out the pic) and her amazing baking skills at some point. This is a huge compliment to her because I am not even a huge fan of baked goods and/or sugar. I could pretty much take or leave sweets as its just not my downfall...unlike wine, cheese, bread, yada, yada, yada.  However when it comes to Jen's baking I am like an addict with crack fiendin' for the next fix. Yes, I used fiendin' in my blog. I get excited by the thought of her baking and for any event in which there is a meal involved I am always begging her to bring dessert. I don't even know why she asks what she can bring anymore I only request one thing from her.....DESSERT!!!

Especially as many of you know when it comes to her blackberry cobbler I can't get enough...it is actually so amazing that I will even eat it for breakfast after eating it the night before. Not too long ago we did a girls reality tv night and Jen said she was bringing blackberry cobbler...I think I dreamt of this cobbler for a week before the actual night. And on the day of our girls night her Mom ended up in the hospital...I was extremely concerned about her Mothers health but I have to admit I was also a little despondent by the thought of no blackberry cobbler. Thankfully her Mom was ok and she found time to bake between the hospital and girls night. God that story sounds so bad but I have to be honest about the strength of my addiction.

The cobbler is not too sweet and the tart blackberries and the sugary crust are just way too close to heaven on Earth. Sure she has given me the recipe but I really have no desire to make it as I really like when she makes it for me. Haha. I am so obsessed with this dessert that even if I am dieting or completely full, the sight of this cobbler makes me super happy and I can always find room to at least get a couple of bites in my mouth. Yes, this cobble can even make me do the happy dance which I don't do very often because it is a little embarrassing and not very classy. Here is the recipe in case anyone else wants to make it for me or even if they want to make it for their family and friends and just tease me with their stories of love for it: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/the_great_cobbl/

And her amazing baking prowess does not stop at blackberry cobbler. On Thanksgiving she makes the most amazing pies...pumpkin being my personal favorite. Ah yes I crash her Thanksgiving dinners too...damn I am a good friend! She truly enjoys and excels at the activity and she is the amazing wife and mother who makes homemade muffins, danishes, cinnamon rolls, etc. I am sure she is the envy of the block. She always has some type of delectable dessert when you stop by her house and she is always creative. I live for her Xmas cookie deliveries as every year she always makes a wide array of cookies, fudge and candies and delivers them on cute Xmas plates to the houses of those she loves (ok she hasn't told me she loved me but I took creative liberties since I am writing this blog). And I am more than willing to fight people for her fudge that is just how strongly I feel about it.

 And she is even extremely amazingly talented. This is a Sweet 16 cake that she made for her niece. I was so impressed by it and it reminded me of something that you would see on Cake Boss. Yes, she decorated it as well. Who the hell can make a multi-tiered cake with decorations. Really?! Hell I am lucky if my cake isn't leaning to one side, doesn't have icing covering the entire serving platter and actually resembles a cake and not a creation from a horror film...some of you may have seen the film The Blob...that is kind of what my cakes look like.

This is a pic that Emily (the youngest) drew of her Dad Brian. I don't have a pic that she did of Jen but the opportunity to share this masterpiece was just too good to pass up. Sorry Brian! I think this pic is from when you had a sunburn.

I just have to say this is my tribute to Jen and her amazing baking skills. She is my hero and I truly admire her baking skills as well as her dedication to her family. She is an amazing Mother of 3 beautiful children and she has truly done an amazing job raising them....damn those kids can make me laugh. She is a great friend one that allows me to invite myself over for dinner without notice, beg for blackberry cobbler or just call her and tell her that I am coming over with a bottle of wine. Love you girl!

1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews