Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 11, 2012

My First Spray Tan & Smores Cookies

So today I officially graduated and became a resident of Southern California. My best friend talked me into getting my first spray tan!! Sure I could blame it on peer pressure or too much Jersey Shore or wanting my legs to look more cut with a tan or being adventurous or being kidnapped...but really lets be honest there is no excuse. Unfortunately as you all know I am not the best at following directions so somewhere during the "how to" discussion by the employee my mind started wandering and I stopped listening...however I got the part where she said go in the booth and it will talk to you and tell you what to do...so I thought I had this spray tan thing in the bag, right? WRONG!!!

I didn't count on the fact that the spray tan booth was hard to understand or the fact that getting sprayed over your entire naked body with cold paint would take my breath away...so when the spray stopped I was too busy trying to breath and couldn't focus on the directions. Hence that is the reason why only the front of me is spray tanned...and not just once but twice...so the front of me is dark and the back of me is still ghostly white. Yup I am looking pretty sexy. And the advice of my dear best friend afterwards was "Well just wear pants." Gee thanks for that as if I normally walk around without pants. However, in my defense I am not alone...my experienced best friend is tanned on the front and her left side...she was thinking it was a booth that required 4 rotations...one for each quadrant of her body...yet it was only 2 (front and back). I really can't wait to see her tomorrow since her left arm will be tan but not her right and her left facial cheek will be tan but not her right and well just like me her backside will be pale. Yes these are the experiences that bring us together.



After that liberating experience I decided I need to bake and for some reason the idea of S'mores Cookies in the middle of March sounded like a great idea. Sure it could have been due to the fact that it was 85 degrees on Friday however it is no longer that warm. Yet these cookies still look really fun and festive and they are yummy to eat.



The dough has some interesting ingredients which give them a nuttier flavor than most cookie dough. The dough is made with old fashioned rolled oats that you put in the food processor and pulse until its finely ground. Then combine with all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. I always use whole wheat pastry flour just because it is a little finer but that is a personal preference. In a mixer combine softened butter and sugar and cream together. Add 1 egg and combine and then add the flour mixture. Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet (I kept it ungreased) and add a square of Hersheys chocolate on top of each mound of dough. Bake for 12 minutes-rotating the pan halfway through the cooking period. When they are done baking place half of a marshmallow on top of the chocolate and put the pan in the broiler. The recipe says to cook it for 60-90 seconds but I found that 45 seconds was more accurate. Cool the cookies on a wire rack and voila!!!

Also if anyone is looking for a refreshing, zesty and fun salad I highly recommend Caribbean Shrimp Salad with Lime Vinaigrette. It is perfect for a warm summer day and its paired nicely with a crisp white wine. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and wish me luck because I will be working nights this week....oy.

BTW I went to the Grammy Museum today and it was really cool...definitely recommend it.

Before picture of Miss Kitty
And Mom this picture is for you.


2 comments:

  1. Who is this intelligent best friend of yours? I LOVE the "wear pants" idea. Seriously, she's brilliant and she has a killer spray tan. Oh, and by the way, you know that asking her about getting rid of streaks is a silly question.. her answer will always be, "Google it." (Love talking about myself in third person)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This anonymous best friend of mine is extremely intelligent and has an amazing tan...and don't worry I wore pants

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews