Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spoiler Alert-Top Chef Finale

As many of you know I am not a sentimental or overly emotional person. However, it never fails that at the end of a show like Top Chef where you see someone master their dream I always cry right along with them. It is so motivating and so powerful to watch someone accomplish so much, to work so hard and to see that level of success. It is so touching to see the looks of elation and pride on the faces of their families. This season I was definitely on Team Paul from the very beginning. There was something about his round little face, his eyes that smiled and his chubby cheeks complete with dimples that won my heart. I loved to see his competitive edge coupled with his sensitive side and although I did not have an aesthetic crush on him I definitely had a professional crush on him. So congratulations Paul the win was well deserved and I will definitely look for your restaurant!!!



So the other night after a long day at a dog oncologist...yes they do have those...well ya know this is L.A. they have it all I decided I needed to spend some time in the kitchen de-stressing and doing something creative. I decided to make Posole because I had found a recipe in Cooking Light that sounded easy and healthy. However, my vision did not quite go as planned....

The recipe starts off easy and normal enough....heat olive oil in a pan...done! Add dried oregano, ground cumin, chili powder and garlic...also done! Look into pot to mix and see the ingredients...and oh yeah that is where the trouble started...I still had to breath. So I took a deep breath and inhaled oh yeah....chili powder!!! I started coughing and snotting instantly as if I had been pepper sprayed. The chile powder somehow also ended up in the air...it was so bad that the dog was sneezing!!! So I pretty much ended up pepper spraying my own house...so very smooth!!!

Once the chile powder subsided and I cleaned myself up I could continue on my merry cooking way and the rest of the recipe went off without a hitch. From that point you add celery and onion and saute. The recipe calls for canned tomatillos that you chop up and they were actually super easy and flavorful to use. Then add chicken broth and hominy. The recipe calls for rotisserie chicken breast so it truly is very fast and easy to make. Finally finish it off with some lime juice, salt and pepper and serve with radishes and avocado on top. It was great!!! I would totally make this recipe again...well if I remembered it and I wasn't in the midst of trying something new.

BTW does anyone know where to find sweet potato fries locally? I have been looking for them.
And for those of you who haven't seen a picture of my cat that I just had shaved....for a good laugh.




2 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Kitty is so funny. I was thinking of getting Will (my giant cat) shaved. After seeing this I'm going to do it. Hope you dog is okay. Dog oncoligist is never a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norton (the dog) is probably going to have surgery this week because he has 2 cancerous tumors. We are hoping for the best. Thought you would get a kick out of Miss Kitty...she is seriously angry....I highly recommend you shave Will its hours of entertainment

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews