Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 9, 2013

50 Things to Make with Canned Pumpkin-#1 Pumpkin Cookies


So in this months issue of Food Network Magazine there was a pull-out pamphlet on 50 Things to Make with Canned Pumpkin. And I am not going to make any promises that I am just not sure if I can keep, but I will say this, I will attempt to make as many canned pumpkin ideas as possible. That is I will keep cooking with canned pumpkin until I hit canned pumpkin overload or canned pumpkin is pulled from the shelves, whatever comes first. Fair enough?



My first canned pumpkin recipe from the pamphlet was, well pumpkin cookies. I love frosted cookies and I love pumpkin so I thought I just couldn't go wrong here. And these are good, but they are kind of pillowy. And by pillowy I mean they are very fluffy cookies. They actually almost remind me more of a pumpkin muffin top or a dense pumpkin scone. Don't get me wrong they are good, but they just aren't the normal cookie consistency. And when I pulled them out of the oven, well they are just kind of cloud shaped. They resembled clouds even more once I put the white frosting on them.


They are extremely easy to make. In a mixer, beat 6T of softened butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar, until fluffy. Beat in 1 cup pumpkin, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla.


Whisk 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture.


Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.


Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.

Granted I was drinking wine last night when I was making these cookies, but I found that 12 minutes was just a little too long. So after this first batch, I went with 9 minutes and that seemed to work better, at least for me.

Once the cookies had cooled I frosted them. The frosting was 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 T milk.


These are definitely festive little cookies and they have good flavor, but yeah the texture is just different. Give them a try and let me know what you think. Happy Fall!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews