Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Recipe #2-Pumpkin Chili & Beer Bread

So tonight was actually the first night that even remotely felt like Fall here in So Cal. Ok sure it was 67 degrees, but for us that was cold. And so I decided to celebrate the season with some Pumpkin Chili and some Beer Bread.




Let's start with the bread. I love to buy unique products-mixes, sauces, condiments, etc that sound interesting or have an original story. So the other day when I was at Big Lots I saw Larry the Cable Guy Beer Bread. Yes, the comedian also does food mixes. And so how can I say no to trying white trash beer bread? Right?


And I have to give credit where credit is due, this was some awesome beer bread. Just add a can or bottle of beer to the dry ingredients and combine. Put into a loaf pan and pour melted butter over the top. Bake and serve.


I loved the taste, it has a hint of beer flavoring and a very buttery crust from the melted butter. I really hate to say this, but it was awesome.


Now for the Pumpkin Chili, this was a good chili recipe but I didn't really notice the pumpkin addition. I couldn't taste the pumpkin and if it added to the texture well I couldn't tell that either. It did have good flavor, however I attribute the flavor to the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

It did have just enough spice to make it zesty, but not enough that it was overpowering. I loved that the vegetables had a little bit of bite to them and they weren't over cooked or mushy. And I just loved the hearty flavors that get melded together in chili.

This recipe is very easy. Brown 1 onion, 1 bell pepper and 1 1/2 lbs ground beef in oil. Stin on 15 oz can of black beans, pumpkin and diced fire roasted tomatoes. Add 2 T of chili powder and 2T of adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can. Simmer for 30 minutes.

We served the chili and bread with a Cabernet Sauvignon and watched scary movies. It was definitely the perfect pre-Halloween girls night. Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews