Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin Fudge

Yes, I completely admit that I am one of those people who count down to October 1st so I can indulge in a pumpkin explosion of goodness. I truly haven't met a pumpkin I did not like. I love savory pumpkin like pumpkin soup and pumpkin raviolis. And I love sweet pumpkin like pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cookies....you get the idea! Now I have added Pumpkin Fudge to the list of pumpkin loves.



So I have to admit I have never tried to make a true fudge recipe, ya know the kind that is truly cooked. I am the queen of quick or minute type fudge recipes, but I have been a bit intimidated by the whole fudge cooking process...until now...because to be totally honest my Pumpkin Fudge rocked!

This fudge is incredible! It is smooth and creamy. It is sweet just the way fudge should be, but it has a hint of spice from the pumpkin and the cinnamon. And it just screams Fall!! Love it! Can you tell I am pretty excited about this fudge?


So I do have to say that I got quite the arm workout with this fudge because it does require a great deal of stirring. And I think I may have stirred it to excess because I was a little afraid of it burning and/or spilling out over the pan and onto the stove, creating an incredibly frightening gooey mess. So I stirred A LOT!!

Start by combining the evaporated milk and sugar in a pan. Bring to a boil. The recipe says to stir occasionally but I stirred it incessantly and that worked great too.


Next add pumpkin puree and cinnamon. This made the house smell incredible! And bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter and this was the point that I had the fear of it bubbling over, so I stirred some more.

Bring to a rolling boil and if you are unfamiliar with the term "rolling boil," like I was, let me tell you it is when liquid is boiling to a point that it can't be stirred down to below boiling. Yes, I googled this as I stirred. I am sure by now you are seeing a theme!


So we then cook the fudge for 18 minutes which seemed like a really long time, but that was probably because 18 minutes is a long time to stir. I also found that the mixture cooks down quite a bit, which was a bit concerning to me, because at one point I thought hmmm will it cook down to a point where there will be no fudge left? Gosh wouldn't that be disappointing to spend 18 minutes stirring, only to end up with....nothing. But that did not occur that was just my cooking imagination running rampant.


After 18 minutes remove the pan from the heat. Seriously be careful because the mixture will be crazy hot. You may ask how I know this and that is easy, I was the dumb ass that tried to stick her finger in it to try it...do not follow my lead on this one! You will also know it is ready because the mixture will start pulling away from the pot.


Stir in the vanilla and the white chocolate chips. Yes, more stirring! Stir until the chips have melted and are completely combined. You do not want white blobs in your pumpkin fudge, just sayin'!


Pour into your foil covered pan and let cool. I let mine cool over night and served it the next day and that worked perfectly!

Here is the real recipe! It came from www.allrecipes.com and it was hit!



 2 tablespoons butter
 2 1/2 cups white sugar
 2/3 cup evaporated milk
 1 cup white chocolate chips
 7 ounces marshmallow creme
 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.

In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.

Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.

Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted.

Pour into prepared pan. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews