Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Top 10 & Slow Cooker Potato Soup

So now that it has actually started to feel like Fall a wee bit here in So Cal (yes, it is 75 degrees I am freezing), I have decided to celebrate my current Fall Top 10:

  1. Knitting-I pulled out the scarf that I have been knitting for 2 years. Yeah I might not be the speediest knitter on the planet, but I enjoy it once or twice a year and this week just so happens to be one of those times.
  2. Pumpkin-I love everything pumpkin!! Well you have probably gathered as much as a result of this blog. Yes, my love affair with pumpkin is not so subtle!
  3. Electric Blanket-I just bought my first electric blanket and I love to turn it on a few minutes before climbing into bed. It is heaven on Earth! Remember I told you it is 75 degrees I am practically a human icicle. 
  4. Harp Alarm Clock-I don't really know what this has to do with Fall, but I decided to include it. I decided that waking up to a "traditional" alarm clock was not good for my soul, so I switched to harp music, which is much more peaceful. However, the other morning I woke up thinking I had died and gone to heaven and almost continued to sleep through my alarm. Who needs to go to work if you are dead, right?
  5. Bold Red Wine-I love red wine and I love the really intense robust red wines and although I do drink them year round, I definitely appreciate them more in the Fall and Winter. There is something about a smooth glass of red wine, comfort food, chestnuts roasting on an open fire and sing-a-longs. Ok some of that is made up, but you get the picture. It is just hard to drink red wine by a pool when it is 96 degrees outside and I am wearing a bathing suit. 
  6. Halloween-I love an excuse to get dressed up and I think I am short enough that I could probably still get away with trick-or-treating, I will let you know for sure after tomorrow. But I really do love putting on a costume and acting like a goof. I actually like Halloween so much that my anniversary with the ex was Halloween...yup...don't ask.
  7. Candles-I love candles all of the time, but I especially love the Fall scented candles. And although I am notorious for forgetting to blow them out, it is super helpful when it gets dark earlier because I notice that the candles are still lit. It is Fire Prevention Week, I think, and I am doing my part for sure!
  8. Distance Running-I am a horrible heat runner (aka. Summer) because I just dehydrate so quickly. So when it starts to cool off my runs start to get longer and I start to do distance runs, which I just love. Yes, I know to some of you I sound like a crazy person. 
  9. Pajamas-I love pj's and in the warmer months I tend to sleep in shorts and a tank top, but when it starts to cool down (below 76 degrees), I bust out my penguin pajamas and I am happy as a clam. Yes, I am wearing them right now as I write this...eat your heart out!
  10. Slow Cooker Meals-Sure I can use a slow cooker in the Summer, but for some reason the majority of crockpot meals, to me, scream Fall and Winter. And I love turning it on right before I go to sleep, only to wake up to a house that smells incredible. This week I woke up to Cheesy Potato Soup and for a second I thought I was in my Moms house, this was a different night from the night I thought I had died, just for clarification! It was perfect-penguin pj's, harp music and potato soup! Love!!


So if you are looking for a super easy Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup, I am the girl for you. It doesn't get much easier than this recipe. 


1. In a slow cooker, combine 6 cups of chopped potatoes, 2 1/2 cups water, 1 chopped onion, ground pepper and 2 tsp instant chicken bouillon (I used 1 cube and that worked fine).



2. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-4 1/2 hours. 


3. Stir in a can of evaporated milk and 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (the original recipe said to use American, but I opted for Cheddar and it was great). Cook for 1 more hour on low or 30 min on high. 

** You can mash the potatoes if you want, but you don't have to. I did not and I liked the chunky potato cubes **

And well it makes your house smell amazing. Happy Halloween! I am super excited to dress up like a lawn gnome and go to work. Woot woot!!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews