Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013

10 Life Lessons I Learned in the Kitchen



1. Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk-I have always focused on putting on my big girl panties and moving on rather than being a hot mess in the kitchen.

2. If You Touch Something Hot You Will Get Burned-seriously no explanation necessary...I hope

3. Stale Bagels and Dull Knives Equal Finger Lacerations & 7 Stitches-this incident is always a reminder to me to keep life fresh and exciting and fun because the minute it gets stale I end up in the hospital

4. Try Everything Once-as a kid the rule was always that I had to try the food before I made up my mind that I didn't like it. So I have adopted that philosophy in life, try it and decide if you like it, if not you don't have to do it or eat it again.

5. If The Kitchen Catches on Fire Calmly Put It Out-panic does not help anyone or anything so deal with the emergency at hand and yes, my aunt did set the kitchen on fire when I was a kid. It was a dish towel into the stove flame type of event. Be the calm in the storm and you will get out of the eye of the hurricane unscathed, ok maybe just a little bruised.

6. If Something Tastes Nasty, Have Someone Else Try It-my Mom always taught me that sharing was important and so I really enjoy doing that especially with disgusting food ingredients or things I think might have gone bad

7. Do Not Put Aluminum Foil in the Microwave-strange chemical reactions are never a good thing. And in life if it's not broken why should you fix it or play around with it or try to make things explode.

8. Always Have a Bottle of Champagne in the Fridge to Celebrate-we spend too much time in life waiting for the next big event rather than celebrating all those little miracles along the way. In my opinion there is no event too small to celebrate with champagne. Cheers!

9. Everything Tastes Better When it is Made with Love-I learned from a young age that food cooked with love is the most amazing food out there. In life I have also learned that everything is better when you are positive and come from a place of love. It is definitely the "secret" ingredient.

10. Always Cook with Wine-sure wine is a great flavor enhancer especially in sauces and soups and such, however we all have those days that just suck and on those days there is wine.


0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews