Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, September 21, 2013

Girls Night & Fig-Prosciutto Pizza

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun." -Charles R. Swindoll


I truly have been blessed to have some of the most incredible girlfriends. And since my work schedule has been crazy and hectic I haven't been able to spend much time with them, however last night made up for it. We all decided to take over a friends kitchen and drink wine and cook dinner together. It was so completely the perfect night filled with good wine, laughter, good food and super cute aprons!!


We all brought a component of the meal-stuffed mushrooms, beet and arugula salad, wine, apple crisp and I decided to make Pioneer Woman's Fig-Prosciutto Pizza. 

We started with one of our favorite wines, Cocobon, which can be found at Trader Joe's. It is a red blend from Livermore, California and it is just a smooth fruit forward easy to drink one. It has become our go-to wine for girls nights. Love it!



The appetizer course was stuffed mushrooms, which are always one of my favorites. These were stuffed with cheese, a blend of mozzarella and cream cheese with herbs and bacon on top. 


Seriously could have eaten the entire tray of these!


The salad was a beet salad with arugula, toasted walnuts and goat cheese. Perfect Fall Salad!



The Fig-Prosciutto Pizza was awesome! I am honestly not a huge fig fan in general, but this pizza was incredible. The spice of the arugula, the sweetness from the figs, the creamy mozzarella and the soft and chewy pizza crust, was seriously a slice of heaven. 



I cheated on the crust and purchased the dough from Fresh and Easy, but it was really good! Don't forget to leave it out so it gets to room temperature. It makes it so much easier to work with!


Spread the fig preserves on the dough. 


Layer with sliced fresh mozzarella and bake. 


Once it has baked, layer the prosciutto and arugula on top and serve with shaved Parmesan. 


I love this recipe, however I did find that the recipe calls for a lot more ingredients than I could fit on the pizza. I had leftover mozzarella, prosciutto and arugula, just because I couldn't fit it all onto the crust. But hell that just allowed us to use some of the arugula for the salad, snack on mozzarella and take some prosciutto home. 


We rounded out the evening with apple crisp, which unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the finished product, because by the time we got to dessert we were in a food coma and I was too lazy to get up from the table. Yes, this is me being completely honest here. 


I loved every minute of the evening and now I am headed to the gym to try and work off this magnificent meal. Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews