Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, September 19, 2013

9 Layer Salad


My best friends Mom made this salad a few years ago for me and I was in love. I have used this salad several times as a potluck salad or to bring to ailing or recovering friends. I made this salad yesterday to bring to a friend who was recovering from surgery. My running club volunteered to bring her dinner this month and I wanted to do something other than the standard lasagna or enchiladas. Don't get me wrong I love them both, but sometimes they just seem too hot on a warm day. And I know that when I feel like crap I crave fresh veggies and bacon, so I went with this.


Layer #1: 1 head of finely chopped lettuce-I use iceberg just because that is what everyone normally likes, but you can use any lettuce you want


Layer #2: Green onion, 1 cup chopped


Layer #3: 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped


Layer #4: Peas, 1 16 oz bag of frozen peas defrosted


Layer #5: Salad dressing-1 cup light sour cream and 1 cup mayo mixed and spread over salad


Layer #6: Shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups


Layer #7: 3 tomatoes, chopped


Layer #8: Black olives-1 can of sliced black olives, probably could even use 2 cans but I love black olives


Layer #9: Bacon-1/2 lb cooked crumbled back YUMMY!!



Put all those layers together and 9 Layer Salad!





0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews