Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 6, 2013

Oceana-New Orleans

So one of my goals while I was in New Orleans was to try some food that I just can't get back home. Yesterday we went to an awesome place for breakfast-Oceana. Not only did we seriously have some of the best dang bloody mary's on the planet, we also had some good 'ol Southern breakfast food.




The first thing that I tried...and loved...was alligator sausage. My breakfast came with Andouille sausage and alligator sausage. I figured that left me with a back-up plan. If I hated the alligator I had the Andouille to fall back on, but honestly I actually liked the alligator sausage way better, which completely surprised me because I am a huge Andouille fan. Alligator meat is a white meat and the sausage was actually a combination of pork and alligator meat, but it had great Cajun spice and it was awesome.


Now my breakfast also came with grits, which in the past I haven't been a huge fan of, however by BFF prepared these with lots of butter and they were awesome! They reminded me of Cream of Wheat and although I let her have them because she was way more excited about them than I was, she definitely at least made me a believer.

And one of the other highlights for me was the biscuits! This biscuit was truly one of the lightest and fluffiest biscuits I have ever had! I have tried to make biscuits before and it is an art form. It is really hard to get them to just flake in your hand and not be a giant gut bomb so these were impressive!

She had a crepe....yes...this is a crepe...although it looks like the world's largest omelet or burrito. The crepe was cooked perfectly and it had the perfect hint of sweetness and it was amazing how thin they were. I have made crepes before and they are hard to cook perfectly and we made small ones, so this impressed me.

My bff's husband had a crawfish omelet that looked amazing. And although I still haven't tried crawfish I wanted to try them in pure form, which is our goal for today. The plan for today is to go on a swamp tour and find us a crawfish boil....yee-haw!


Now I know this isn't food and wine and I actually don't even smoke cigars, but we want to a cool cigar place. All of the cigars are hand-rolled at the factory there and it smelled amazing inside! The friends I was with loved them and it was a cool place just to chill have a cigar and a cocktail. Also random was the fact that the guy who worked there, think his name was Brian, was from Santa Barbara. What a small world! Here is the link: http://www.cigarfactoryneworleans.com/dev/

Love that he is smoking a cigar as he rolls!


Truly having an amazing time in New Orleans! Cheers!















1 comment:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews