Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013

25 Things You Didn't Know About Me....

Since we all spend so much time together and I write to you almost every day I figure it's about time that I start trusting you all with some of my secrets. So here are 25 things that most of you don't know about me...yes, I am sure some of you already know way too much about me...but hopefully I will still have a few surprises to keep you on your toes. Yes, some of these are kitchen related and some of them are just random...well like me.




1. I rode an alligator in New Orleans last week!! Ok sure it was dead, but details right?

2. I collect cookbooks like CRAZY! It is seriously an insane obsession boarding on cookbook hoarding.

3. I jumped out of a perfectly good plane from 13,000 ft and I had a plane fill up with smoke and make an emergency landing. I preferred jumping.

4. I have strange interactions with animals...charged by an Elk on a hike, had a Frog land on my arm in bed in the middle of the night on the 3rd floor of a hotel, got stung by a Jelly Fish snorkeling, had a Duck try and get into my tent camping as a kid....yada, yada, yada.

5. I had food nicknames as a child, such as Spaghetti Bender and Pumpkin Face...yes very sweet I know.

6. The only food I really hate is bananas, other than that I will try just about anything once. And I keep trying bananas hoping I can change my own mind. It hasn't worked, but I am persistent.

7. I love to cook late at night...which is why it is 10pm and I am making cookies right now...and yes I have to work tomorrow morning.

8. I don't drink tequila...bad experiences...involving secrets that I am not quite willing to share...yet...maybe I need to have another glass of wine first.

9. I love to cook food that I can make with my hands...cookies, meatballs, meatloaf, gnocchi, pasta, etc. Love dirty hands, but I HATE that scene in the movie GHOST where Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze play with clay...grosses me out beyond belief!!

10. Running is my other obsession...I have ran 12 (I think) half marathons, but I have yet to conquer my fear of the 26.2 (marathon)....soon.

11. I also love to collect aprons...and I also love to forget to wear them...which is why my shirt is covered in flour right now from my cookies

12. I grew up in Nor Cal and it is still near and dear to my heart, but I am a So Cal girl now

13. The most amazing place I have traveled, hands down was Bora Bora, but I love every trip because I just get a thrill from the journey...and the food...and the wine...and the people...the animal encounters...and well the adventure!

14. I love cooking for people I love...if I don't love you or at least like you a little bit I will not cook for you.

15. I was raised as a vegetarian and didn't have my first burger until I was about 14...now I eat EVERYTHING!!

16. I am a little klutzy...two black eyes, hit my face on the dresser in the middle of the night, fell running and slid down the hill from Dodgers stadium....oopsie, do guys dig scars? And yes all of these were while I was sober, does that mean I should drink more?

17. I love to read and I usually go to bed with a book...yes, often a cookbook, but I am not picky. And this is horrible, but I will finish the book even if it's crappy.

18. I knit...sure I can only make scarves...but they actually look pretty good. However, anyone who knows my personality even a little knows that it is by far the strangest hobby for me since I can't sit still!!

19. I have a Persian cat named Miss Kitty (aka. Ginger) and she is my 2nd Persian, the first one was named Fabio, yes after the "I can't believe it's not butter" guy.

20. I am the shortest person in my family...and yes I am bitter...ok my Grandma is short, but I am not sure if that is from shrinkage or if it's natural.

21. I am writing my first book about my 911 career, but I promise my 2nd book will be about food and wine. Deal?

22. My food addictions right now include-Greek yogurt, trail mix, salted almonds, bacon and wine, does wine count as a food?

23. Whenever I dance I have a "dance face," and it is not cute, but it just happens.

24. I talk to everyone and um sometimes it gets me in trouble, sometimes it is funny, sometimes it is awkward and sometimes cool things happen.

25. I have seriously ugly feet....between dance, gymnastics, running, cute shoes that are bad for my feet, being barefoot way too often...well they are just not attractive


0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews