Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 27, 2013

The Wine Closet-Camarillo, CA

I have been hearing about The Wine Closet for quite some time, but I just haven't made it there. Well it turns out they have been open for 4 years, so obviously it took me a lot longer than I thought to make it to this little slice of heaven. However, I am definitely glad I finally made the effort, because it feels like home. It is a super cute, comfortable and relaxed tasting room in Camarillo and I will definitely be back. It is truly the perfect place to sit down, hang out, talk and drink some really good wine.


I had the pleasure of meeting Linda, the Proprietor, and she was a joy. She was passionate about wine and it was evident that she truly enjoys what she does. For the space, they have an eclectic and diverse wine and beer assortment. They offer wine and beer by the glass and/or bottle.  And they do tasting on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays. However, they are open Tuesday-Saturday.  Thursday is the night they feature a different winery and often bring in guests from the vineyard/wineries. They also send an email in advancing celebrating the winery they are hosting for the week.



I loved the ambiance! There is a cute couch and chairs, that makes you feel like you are sitting in your own living room. There is also a hand full of high top tables and a bar, if you want that type of atmosphere. There is fun and colorful wine themed art and it is just a very inviting place to hang out.


The Wine Closet doesn't pour wines from one specific winery so they have an ever changing inventory. Today they were pouring wines from Loring and  Barrel 27. Both of the wineries I had seen before, but I hadn't had the pleasure of tasting. I had a flight of four reds and I loved them all. The highlights for me were the Loring Pinot Noir and the Barrel 27 Syrah. Both very smooth, easy to drink, yet bold reds.


Loring is a winery that specializes in single vineyard wines. However, the Pinot I had today was a Central Coast wine, which means the fruit came from several vineyards in that area. Loring is known for its Pinor Noirs and Chardonnays and I would definitely recommend this wine.


Barrel 27 is a Paso Robles winery and I had their Syrah, Grenache and Zinfandel today and I would definitely drink all of them again.  I love their motto,"Our goal is to make wine that works hard at helping hard working America relax for a minute, take a load off, and remove the nose from the grindstone for a while." They were definitely successful today as I sat there drinking their wine on a Friday afternoon, enjoying good company, good cheese and good times.


As many of you know I am also a cheese addict, so when I heard that The Wine Closet has cheese I knew I was definitely in the right place. I love all cheese, however the highlight was a caramelized onion cheddar-INCREDIBLE!! They also do other snack foods, but seriously it is pretty hard to beat cheese and wine.


The Wine Closet does also have a wine club, which offers 2-3 bottles, every other month. They have several options, depending on the price point and varietals you prefer. They are very flexible with the selections and try to cater to their club members.

Here is their web page if you want more information: http://www.wineclosetinc.com/

I can't wait to take my girlfriends back and just chill! Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews