Powered by Blogger.
Monday, September 9, 2013

Desire Oyster Bar-New Orleans

I figure it is only right to end my trip to New Orleans with an iconic classic. Desire Oyster Bar is on Bourbon Street, and it's location is actually said to be the most photographed corner on the street and the restaurant itself is supposedly the most photographed restaurant in NOLA. Yeah I am not quite sure how "they" know that, but it is definitely a claim to fame that sounds cool and really can't be questioned, right? It is in the Royal Sonnesta Hotel and it is a great place to eat oysters and watch people.



This restaurant looks like an old school ice cream shop, however it specializes in Creole cuisine and fresh seafood. And I do have to say I had some of the best oysters at this restaurant.


They have wonderful fried oysters with bbq sauce and blue cheese, but honestly my favorites were the Oysters Desire.

These oysters are broiled in a Parmesan, butter, garlic and Creole seasoning and they are incredible!

We also tried the shrimp and grits, which were good, but considering I am not a shrimp and grits fan it is not something I would dream of. We also tried their onion rings, which are yummy, nice breading and not greasy. They were served with a really good mustard sauce.



If you are also a condiment queen like I am let me just say their garlic hot sauce is amazing! All of their sauces are wonderful, but the garlic one was my favorite.

We had the best waitress, Joanne, who had worked at the restaurant for 37 years and her smile and enthusiasm truly made for a fun lunch/dinner. She was sassy, a little sarcastic and just made me laugh. Loved her!

I have quickly learned that there is no way to eat your way through NOLA in one trip. I had some memorable food and dining experiences. I took myself out of my food comfort zone, eating my first Po Boy, which I loved, as well as alligator and oysters. I will definitely be coming back because well it is a beautiful and fun place, however I think I have eaten enough for now. And it is probably time for me to start training for that 10 miler run coming up in a month, so back to the healthy eating, running life cycle. Cheers and New Orleans thanks for the memories!


0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews